How many of you carry a gun as part of your cycling equipment?

That is important, that we can speak our mind. I also hate forums where the moderators control everything, I mean, we are here to speak our minds or to be controlled?

It was probably a $450-$500 AKM (AK-47 modernized) pistol...a short-barrel, no buttstock version of the AKM rifle/carbine. I can't imagine a gang banger forking over $7500 for a semi-auto H&K or even an MP5 clone.

Don't get me started. I'm a member of a couple other cycling web sites, but I rarely bother posting on them. They are run by morons. This site is the most free I have found.

I am a moderator on a couple of firearm forums and an admin on one. While the firearms world can also have idiots running a forum (Hint: SIG, H&K and thehighroad) or moderating the boards, most are pretty fair when it comes to moderation.

I have witnessed the idiocy over on BikeForums and the CN's forum is spastic with retarded moderation. Megalomanics for moderators on both of those sites.

He may have stolen the piece, or bought it on the black market.

It was probably a $450-$500 AKM (AK-47 modernized) pistol...a short-barrel, no buttstock version of the AKM rifle/carbine. I can't imagine a gang banger forking over $7500 for a semi-auto H&K or even an MP5 clone.

Don't get me started. I'm a member of a couple other cycling web sites, but I rarely bother posting on them. They are run by morons. This site is the most free I have found.

I am a moderator on a couple of firearm forums and an admin on one. While the firearms world can also have idiots running a forum (Hint: SIG, H&K and thehighroad) or moderating the boards, most are pretty fair when it comes to moderation.

I have witnessed the idiocy over on BikeForums and the CN's forum is spastic with retarded moderation. Megalomanics for moderators on both of those sites.

I mostly post on political forums, but the cycling forum that has given me the most grief is thepaceline. I started a fun thread on cycling pet peeves, merely to poke fun at some of the cyclists I have seen trying to ride a paceline. A group of them got together and verbally attacked me. When I returned the favor, they started crying foul and calling me a troll. That's when the moderator came in and started harassing me. I am still a member over there, but there isn't much going on right now. I like this place a lot better. There are much better discussion forums here.

No way. Weapons are extremely illegal here in Portugal, almost no one has access to them unless the criminals and the police. I don't see why would you need a weapon while biking.

"...almost no one has access to them unless the criminals..."

You see...that's the thing about criminals. They break the law. That's what they do.

And one crime more or less makes very little difference to them. They will always get firearms one way or another.

And when seconds matter the police are minutes away.

Weird...some of my best ammunition comes from Portugal.

You see...that's the thing about criminals. They break the law. That's what they do.

And one crime more or less makes very little difference to them. They will always get firearms one way or another.

Really, I had no idea that Portugal produced ammunition. How did you start to buy them from there?

I read somewhere that is the reason they are called criminals but you can't believe everything you read.

You're right, but what's your solution to this problem? Everyone goes carrying guns around? That doesn't seem right too. It's a complicated problem.
I didn't know my country produced ammunition... that's new.

You are probably right. My 17 year old would have known in a second. I just got me my first black sporting rifle. An LMT MWS 308 that I'm thinking of rebarelling to Creedmore 6.5mm. Figuring out optics now. Boy wants me to get EOTECH tactical sights but me wants 3 pounds of Schmidt and Bender. I'm more a shotgun and rifle hunter. My custom 7mm WBY (hence the SN) will easily print 2 inch groups.....at 600 yards....with the right finger.

You're right, but what's your solution to this problem? Everyone goes carrying guns around? That doesn't seem right too. It's a complicated problem.

1. Use a firearm in the commission of a felony? Death.

2. Allow conceal carry permits from one state to work in another state like drivers licenses. Ain't that common sense? If criminals know the good guys have guns too, they won't be so quick to prey on the weak like at gun frei zones (schools and movie theatres)

That is exactly my solution. It works out pretty well here. Open carry and concealed carry are both legal here. The bad guys have to at least think twice and pick on the easiest targets.

Did you ever hear the one about the two guys that were being chased by a bear?
The first guy says, "How are we going to run fast enough to get away from a speedy bear?".
The second guy trips the first guy and says, "I only have to run fast enough to stay ahead of you!".

Don't be the slow guy.

I have a stash of Portuguese 7.62 x 51 / .308. We imported tons and tons of it. 'FM' brand...Fábrica Militar de Braço de Prata.

I wish I had bought more. Not as accurate as Austrian Hirtenberger, but still good stuff.

Solutions?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

An LMT MWS 308 that I'm thinking of rebarelling to Creedmore 6.5mm.

Lewis builds some nice AR's. Get yourself some good match ammunition and put the S&B on top...try that thing out before thinking about going 6.5 Creedmore. As much as I love the external ballistics of 6.5 caliber in general (my Swede 1896 Mausers are insanely accurate for military bolt-actions using mil-surp ammo) that NATO caliber in an AR can usually shoot better than the guy holding it.

Black Hills and Federal Gold Match are both good choices and your rifle might also like Hornady. Now...if you roll your own, have at it.

Hensholdt and S&B...reasons a man doesn't shift with Campy Super Record EPS! And Steiner...don't get me started. Euro glass will be the death of my credit cards!

I bought a case of this match grade ammo but snow and travelling to ride my bike has kept me from the range.because I am a crotchedy, sucky, old man. First year did not get a deer. ******. Life's tough. I have a couple cases of the Portugese stuff, too. I probably won't go to the trouble of a complicated load development. Anything inside MOA will be fine because I won't be using it beyond 300 yards. Thinking of doing some wild boar hunting in Florida but 100 yards is all I need off hand or off sticks or bipod is fine from close range.

I was surprised how little recoil the LMT had. All the internet stories said it kicked like a mule. BS. My teen son took the first shot and he looks at me and says basically there is no kick. I had the same feeling. Maybe 1/4 the kick of a turkey load and maybe half a bolt action 30-06. Maybe a little less than a 270 win. It is a pig though. Probably 11 pounds with no accessories. The LMT has the precise, no nonsense beauty to it.....like Campy. Pure. It don't need no fancy red decals.

That was my plan. Give it time. It is not broken in yet. The tolerances are tight. Might need a couple hundred rounds down the pipe to loosen up. The good thing with the Lewis MWS is how easy a barrel change is although they are not cheap.

I have to sell some guns.

http://www.eagleeyeammo.com/1-2-moa-testing/

Hensholdt and S&B...reasons a man doesn't shift with Campy Super Record EPS! And Steiner...don't get me started. Euro glass will be the death of my credit cards!

I ain't that wealthy but we can all dream.

I can do S & B

That is exactly my solution. It works out pretty well here. Open carry and concealed carry are both legal here. The bad guys have to at least think twice and pick on the easiest targets.

Did you ever hear the one about the two guys that were being chased by a bear?
The first guy says, "How are we going to run fast enough to get away from a speedy bear?".
The second guy trips the first guy and says, "I only have to run fast enough to stay ahead of you!".

Don't be the slow guy.

I have a stash of Portuguese 7.62 x 51 / .308. We imported tons and tons of it. 'FM' brand...Fábrica Militar de Braço de Prata.

I wish I had bought more. Not as accurate as Austrian Hirtenberger, but still good stuff.

Actually, I understand your point. It's good to be prepared for situation like that, but those situation wouldn't be a problem if guns weren't around in the first place. It doesn't work that good in there, there's a ton of news about people getting murdered.