Road Cycling · Public discussion

How long are most Crits and road races?

Started by Mike Lana · · Last activity · 3 posts · 976 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
23 January 2003
Last activity
23 January 2003
Original author
Mike Lana
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
976
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi everyone, I am making a transition into road racing. I am setting up my training schedules for
    the year and my problem is I don't know the distances of the races. I am sure they vary a lot but
    there has to be some ballpark if no-one is listing distances. I look on active.com and it just tells
    me it is a crit etc.. The only ones that are listing distances are the touring group rides. So are
    there any more specific web sites I can go to for better info? I live in Illinois not too far from
    Chicago if that is helpfull.

    Please respond to on this thread or to [email hidden] Thanks Mike

  2. "Mike Lana" <[email hidden]> wrote ...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi everyone, I am making a transition into road racing. I am setting up my training schedules for
    the year and my problem is I don't know the

    Most beginner crits are 45 minutes at around 23 mph average. Beginner road races are about 35 - 50
    miles max., average speeds over 20 mph.

    Beginners receive a Category 5 racing licenses.

    The top amateurs have a Cat. 1 license -- their crits and road races are generally twice as long and
    4-10 mph. ave. faster.

    Quoted message said:

    distances of the races. I am sure they vary a lot but there has to be some ballpark if no-one is
    listing distances. I look on active.com and it just tells me it is a crit etc.. The only ones that
    are listing distances are the touring group rides. So are there any more specific web sites I can
    go to for better info? I live in Illinois not too far from Chicago if that is helpfull.

  3. In article said:

    Hi everyone, I am making a transition into road racing. I am setting up my training schedules for
    the year and my problem is I don't know the distances of the races. I am sure they vary a lot but
    there has to be some ballpark if no-one is listing distances. I look on active.com and it just
    tells me it is a crit etc.. The only ones that are listing distances are the touring group rides.
    So are there any more specific web sites I can go to for better info? I live in Illinois not too
    far from Chicago if that is helpfull.

    Please respond to on this thread or to [email hidden] Thanks Mike

    I would guess that the web sites of some of your local racing clubs probably have links to web sites
    with regional racing information in your area. These sites will probably have more specific race ad
    information with time and distance information for each category. If you don;t know of any racing
    clubs in your area try looking up club names in the USA Cycling database on the USAC web page. or
    use google to search on club names you know about in your area.

    Casey

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.