Clydesdales 200lb / 90kg + riders · Public discussion

How Good Is Cycling For Weight Loss?

Started by Acid Spit · · Last activity · 2 posts · 2,710 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Clydesdales 200lb / 90kg + riders
Published
16 May 2015
Last activity
17 May 2015
Original author
Acid Spit
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,710
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi, everyone! I am wondering, is there any study done that shows how good cycling can be for losing weight? Any stories or anything? I'm really curious! Of course, I would also love hearing your stories if you've got a weight loss story thanks to cycling!

  2. I have been avidly cycling about 200-300 miles a month for the past two and a half, maybe three months and have dropped thirty-six pounds. I'm mostly disciplined with low fat, medium carb, high protein diet but I have a cheat day or two every here and there.
    I allowed myself to get up to 254 lbs. I am now 218. My ideal body weight is about 195-200.
    I would recommend frequent shorter duration rides. Something like ten to fifteen miles a day four or five times a week. I don't see as much weight loss when I ride my 26 mile or 50 mile outings. In fact I put on eight pounds after the fifty for some reason.
    Find your resting heart rate and then learn what your target heart rate is for maximum effectiveness fat burning.
    I should mention that I ride a mountain bike on a paved trail. So I burn slightly more calories than a roadie would. Intentionally.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.