Bike Cafe · Public discussion

Hero of the 2004 TDF ???

Started by jhuskey · · Last activity · 3 posts · 914 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
25 July 2004
Last activity
26 July 2004
Original author
jhuskey
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
914
Views / 30 days
4

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. The tour is over and I don't know what I wil do until next year except ride and watch football.Anyway last year I believe Tyler Hamilton was the all around hero of the tour. What does every one think about this year.
    Lance = He obliterated the field
    Landis = Gave his all for his leader with humility.
    McEwen= Best sprinter in the tour maybe the world
    Basso = Didn't have the team like Lance but hung strong
    Voeckler= Gave it all plus.
    Other=?

    I am an Armstrong fan but I have to give my vote to Voeckler he red lined so many times it amazed me. The guy was in so much pain it look like me trying to climb (smaller mountains of course)If Ullrich had his motivation he would be unstoppable and be accused of DOPING probably.
    What do you guys think!

  2. jhuskey said:

    The tour is over and I don't know what I wil do until next year except ride and watch football.Anyway last year I believe Tyler Hamilton was the all around hero of the tour. What does every one think about this year.
    Lance = He obliterated the field
    Landis = Gave his all for his leader with humility.
    McEwen= Best sprinter in the tour maybe the world
    Basso = Didn't have the team like Lance but hung strong
    Voeckler= Gave it all plus.
    Other=?

    I am an Armstrong fan but I have to give my vote to Voeckler he red lined so many times it amazed me. The guy was in so much pain it look like me trying to climb (smaller mountains of course)If Ullrich had his motivation he would be unstoppable and be accused of DOPING probably.
    What do you guys think!

    My Money's on Voeckler. He showed great promise by keeping the Yellow Jersey longer than anyone expected. I'm sorry he ended up giving up the White Jersey as well.

    Basso is a close second for me. Look out for CSC next year as they have a great team and If Basso can improve his time trialing he'll be hard to beat.

    I'm a Lance fan but in my eyes he's not the hero this year.

    Scott

  3. What about Andreas Kloden?

    You know.. the guy who came second? :P

    hippy

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.