Road Cycling · Public discussion

Heritage Tour: day 2 Walterboro,SC

Started by Jason Waddell · · Last activity · 1 post · 643 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
1 May 2003
Last activity
1 May 2003
Original author
Jason Waddell
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
643
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Well, you win some and you lose some... This course the past few years would have been great for me,
    but this season I am about 4 lbs lighter than normal and the board flat super speedway type courses
    just aren't as fun now. They let alot of guys stay in the race that normally would be just dying to
    stay in the race. Just when you think you have a really good position 25 guys go screaming by and
    you are again 40 riders back. I actually want crits with a hill in them now.

    How it unfolded, the break of 7 guys went and I missed it. I realized that it was the break and
    tried to go across with Joe Papp (UPMC) and the two of us couldn't decide who would pull and we
    screwed both our chances. Oh well, thats bike racing. Soon after that Nick (Mathis teammate and
    Tunnel Rat) got into a little 3 man move that made it within 10 secs of the break. But didn't
    quite close it.

    2 of the 7 guys lapped, Grishcne(Navigators) and Wolberg (Saturn) and with 15 laps to go Saturn and
    Navigators went to the front. We were basically single file for the last 10 laps or so. I was
    sitting kinda back waiting for a good opportunity to move up. It never came and Nick never made it
    up to me to help so I gave it a go with 3 to go. I was in about 20th with 1 lap to go when Gaggioli
    "the gentleman" decided to sit up while we were 34+mph on the back stretch. What a guy, so I just
    burried my head on my stem and held off all the guys on my wheel. I think I passed maybe 2 or 3 guys
    after that and thats that. 14th place.

    Tommorrow is another day, Jason Waddell Mathis Brothers Elite Team

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.