I've decided to buy my first bike. I plan to be riding on plenty of trails as well as pavement. I went shopping around and the three bikes the places tried to sell me were the cannondale F7, cannondale F6, and the trek 4500. I know that each place is very biased and wants to get my sale. So I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations as to which one I would like best or if there are any other bikes I should look at. My price range is anywhere up to $500. I dont want a puny bike either. I hope it to last me a while as I get better. Thanks!
Mountain Bikes · Public discussion
Help newbie decide on moutain bike
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Mountain Bikes
- Published
- 11 July 2007
- Last activity
- 17 July 2007
- Original author
- jule2217
- Posts
- 3
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 3,893
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
Within that price range, I wouldn't buy any of the bikes you listed. I would do alot of research and buy used from Ebay or Craigslist, or buy new from someone like bikesdirect.com.
For example, these are much better equipped bikes for less than $500:
bikesdirect.commotobecane 700HT.htmOpen ↗
bikesdirect.comwindsor cliff4900.htmOpen ↗Online fitting guides:
competitivecyclist.comCCYOpen ↗
coloradocyclist.combikefitOpen ↗Online bicycling resources:
sheldonbrown.comindex.htmlOpen ↗
parktool.comrepairOpen ↗ -
jule2217 said:
I've decided to buy my first bike. I plan to be riding on plenty of trails as well as pavement. I went shopping around and the three bikes the places tried to sell me were the cannondale F7, cannondale F6, and the trek 4500. I know that each place is very biased and wants to get my sale. So I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations as to which one I would like best or if there are any other bikes I should look at. My price range is anywhere up to $500. I dont want a puny bike either. I hope it to last me a while as I get better. Thanks!
I agree with Scotty an under $500 MTB will be [censored] and need repairs very soon, go for the second hand and youll get a great bike, pay special attention to the front forks as cheap bikes generally have bad forks that will let you down, also be carefull with second hand as some people will fail to tell you that the forks are worn out.
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.