Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

HELP!! Looking for "older" manitou shock parts

Started by mxw128 · · Last activity · 1 post · 1,241 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
28 August 2004
Last activity
28 August 2004
Original author
mxw128
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,241
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. PLease help! I took my bike into the shop to get the rear dereailer fixed. They had to replace it (go figure) and they did a "tune up" on the bike as well. It's an older (1994) 21 spd with a manitou front shock. When I picked it up the shock was bottoming out and caused the tire to contact the top. I took it apart and it looks like the rubber elastomers inside are turning to jelly (they are long (about 1.5" rubber pieces of different colors (for different stiffness levels)). They must have used some sort of solvent which is eating them away. Problem is I don't know where to get new ones. I have a note into Answer, but is there any place else I can get them???

    Thanks!
    Mike

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.