Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Help identifying a bicycle: Bridgestone 450

Started by slartibartfast · · Last activity · 2 posts · 2,655 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
27 May 2004
Last activity
27 May 2004
Original author
slartibartfast
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,655
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have a Bridgestone bicycle that I would like to find more information
    about. It is labeled as a "450 Racing Series" at the top of the seat
    tube. It has a "Bridgestone Cro-Moly Tubing" sticker near the bottom of
    the seat tube and a "Coca Cola" sticker right under that. the only other
    markings are a hand painted serial # on the BB shell.

    I cant seem to find any references to a 450 line of bridgestone bicycles
    on the web, only RB-1, RB-2, etc.... Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks
    Jason

  2. According to slartibartfast <[email hidden]>:

    Quoted message said:

    I cant seem to find any references to a 450 line of bridgestone bicycles
    on the web, only RB-1, RB-2, etc.... Any help would be appreciated.

    Early '80s Bridgestones have spacey names like "Spica." Mid 80's road
    bikes had numbers. There was a child's-size ten-speed called the "90."
    The cheapest adult road bike was the "100," with stem shifting and no
    bottle braze-ons. I had a blue one. The numbers and quality went up
    from there.

    I've owned both a 400 and a 500, which at one point was the cutoff
    between 27 1/4 wheels and 700c wheels. My 500 has Shimano 600, my 400
    had Suntour Cyclone. Most Bridgestones of the era had metallic paint.
    I've seen silver, gray, blue, and pink.

    The RB nomenclature started ~89, I think. The iBob list would have
    definitive answers for you:

    http://www.bikelist.org/mailman/listinfo/internet-bob

    ---
    Lars Lehtonen

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.