Cycling Training · Public discussion

Help for training plan for long distance ride in 1 month

Started by OllySims · · Last activity · 4 posts · 1,966 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Training
Published
6 September 2009
Last activity
9 September 2009
Original author
OllySims
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,966
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm riding to Santander from Roscoff starting the beginning of next month and have 2 weeks to do it.

    What training plan would you guys recommend?

    My bikes a 2010 Merida tourer.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. There's no way to answer that. Ride and see how far you can go, without going overboard too quickly. It's the only way to see what issues come up and what you can do without killing yourself.

  3. OllySims said:

    I'm riding to Santander from Roscoff starting the beginning of next month and have 2 weeks to do it.

    What training plan would you guys recommend?

    My bikes a 2010 Merida tourer.

    Thanks in advance.

    I would plan the alcohol tollerance training plan - for all that wine and cheese you'll likely be consuming. It's a bit late in the day to start thinking about doing any meaningful training on the bike other than going for a few long rides to see if your backside hurts after 5 hours on the saddle.

  4. Ye that's kind of what I was thinking. Haven't decided the exact route yet but I don't think it will be far off 55 miles a day.

    I'll see if I can do that today.

    Sore ass issue - Hurts pretty much all the time let alone after 5 hours 🙁

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.