General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Help: Collitis then Prednisone Now Avascular Necrosis (AVN)

Started by Philip · · Last activity · 1 post · 656 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
24 February 2004
Last activity
24 February 2004
Original author
Philip
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
656
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. My name is Philip Smith and I have Collitis and now AVN

    I was diagnosed with collitis about a year ago they put me on Pred and Asacol along with Didrocal.
    Will I started to get hip discomfort very early in treatment and was told it was to early for it to
    be the Pred. Well after several months it got worse. I'm off the Pred now (Still take 3 times Asacol
    daily). I went for an XRay which reveal nothing, then a bone scan, finally I went for an MRI and was
    diagnosed with AVN in my right. I am very upset about it I'm staying home from work today because of
    it. I am scared. They are talkin about doing a bone-graft and bone decompression soon.

    Can anyone comment on this he said the success rate was like 60/40 with this procedure. I would
    appreciate anyones comments.

    Maybe you could direct me to a more appropriate newsgroup

    Thanks,

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.