Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Help - brakes on carbon forks

Started by WilfredWeasel · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,189 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
26 December 2003
Last activity
27 December 2003
Original author
WilfredWeasel
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,189
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi all,

    just got some new carbon forks. I'm moving my Campag Mirage brakes over from the old forks. They have a serrated washer which digs into the frame to stop the brake rotating round the axis of the mounting bolt. Should I keep this (It will dig into the carbon - is that a problme?) or is there another solution for carbon which does not dig into the surface?

    Thanks for any advice!

    cheers,

    Wilf

  2. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by WilfredWeasel
    Hi all,

    just got some new carbon forks. I'm moving my Campag Mirage brakes over from the old forks. They have a serrated washer which digs into the frame to stop the brake rotating round the axis of the mounting bolt. Should I keep this (It will dig into the carbon - is that a problme?) or is there another solution for carbon which does not dig into the surface?

    Thanks for any advice!

    cheers,

    Wilf

    The best thing to do is to consult your local bike shop.

  3. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by WilfredWeasel
    Hi all,

    just got some new carbon forks. I'm moving my Campag Mirage brakes over from the old forks. They have a serrated washer which digs into the frame to stop the brake rotating round the axis of the mounting bolt. Should I keep this (It will dig into the carbon - is that a problme?) or is there another solution for carbon which does not dig into the surface?

    Thanks for any advice!

    cheers,

    Wilf

    I've always used a flat washer and never had a problem with the caliper rotating. I've also seen CF forks that that used a serrated washer long term and there was no damage.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.