General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Heart Rates and Health

Started by wilsond3010 · · Last activity · 4 posts · 207 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
25 September 2007
Last activity
30 September 2007
Original author
wilsond3010
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
207
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've been taken a running class to help try and get back into shape

    As well as loose weight

    Anyway I'm concerned about my heart Rate

    While doing the run i get a max heart of about 172 but when walking
    for a 1 minute i can drop back too 145

    I'm currently 37 and about 227lb's

    Worried i might be over stretching my heart any advice appreciated.

  2. wilsond3010 said:

    I've been taken a running class to help try and get back into shape

    As well as loose weight

    Anyway I'm concerned about my heart Rate

    While doing the run i get a max heart of about 172 but when walking
    for a 1 minute i can drop back too 145

    I'm currently 37 and about 227lb's

    Worried i might be over stretching my heart any advice appreciated.

    Assuming you don't have any heart problems, don't worry about it. Hearts like
    to be "stretched". Keep up the good work.

    Cheers,
    --
    Elflord

  3. wilsond3010 said:

    I've been taken a running class to help try and get back into shape

    As well as loose weight

    Anyway I'm concerned about my heart Rate

    While doing the run i get a max heart of about 172 but when walking
    for a 1 minute i can drop back too 145

    I'm currently 37 and about 227lb's

    Worried i might be over stretching my heart any advice appreciated.

    If it stops worry, otherwise carry on. And inevitably some numnutz
    named Anne Throbber will give you advice on how to reach yout TRUE
    maximum beats per minute heart rate, don't do it.

  4. wilsond3010 said:

    I've been taken a running class to help try and get back into shape

    As well as loose weight

    Anyway I'm concerned about my heart Rate

    While doing the run i get a max heart of about 172 but when walking
    for a 1 minute i can drop back too 145

    I'm currently 37 and about 227lb's

    Worried i might be over stretching my heart any advice appreciated.

    A good rule of thumb that I always have heard when you run try to run
    at a pace to where you are breathing heavy, but can still hold a
    conversation without being completely out of breath. That way you
    have your heart rate up, but not at an uncomfortable level. You are
    not likely to run to hard for your heart if it is in good condition.
    It's really better to run at a little bit slower pace (meaning a lower
    heart rate) for a longer period of time! That's what I'm told anyway.

    Matt
    http://www.recreationease.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.