Since traffic light trippers are all magnets, I figure the strength per ounce per dollar is what we are looking for. The neodymium magnets you can get out of old hard drives are as strong as they come.
As to complaining to your local DOT, I have seen the effect of sensors set too sensitive. Drivers turning right trip the adjacent left turn lane light and switch the intersection.
False. They're usually resonant circuits. When that is not true then they are old fashioned pressure switches.
"Robert Haston" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]... | Since traffic light trippers are all magnets, I figure the | strength per ounce per dollar is what we are looking for. | The neodymium magnets you can | get out of old hard drives are as strong as they come. | | As to complaining to your local DOT, I have seen the | effect of sensors set too sensitive. Drivers turning right | trip the adjacent left turn lane light | and switch the intersection. | | -- | Robert Haston Satellite Beach, FL | |
So the car acts like an iron core increasing the flux?
So my guess is all the devices sold (magnets as far as I can tell) don't really work.
"Doug Huffman" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
False. They're usually resonant circuits. When that is not true then
they
Quoted message said:
are old fashioned pressure switches.
"Robert Haston" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]- hlink.net... | Since traffic light trippers are all magnets, I figure | the strength per ounce per dollar is what we are looking | for. The neodymium magnets you can | get out of old hard drives are as strong as they come. | | As to complaining to your local DOT, I have seen the | effect of sensors
set
Quoted message said:
| too sensitive. Drivers turning right trip the adjacent | left turn lane light | and switch the intersection. | | -- | Robert Haston Satellite Beach, FL | |