Road Cycling · Public discussion

Gulf shores, Alabama

Started by Denny · · Last activity · 3 posts · 4,860 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
21 March 2003
Last activity
21 March 2003
Original author
Denny
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
4,860
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm going to be in Gulf Shores next week. Is it a good place to ride road bikes? Good roads? Any
    help would be appreciated.

    Denny

  2. "Denny" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm going to be in Gulf Shores next week. Is it a good place to ride road bikes? Good roads? Any
    help would be appreciated.

    I was there last year, and didn't see many good places to ride. Didn't see any bikes there at all;
    but they were having unseasonably cold weather (actually had to wear a coat! :-)

    It's *flat* there, and there did seem to be a lot of flat stretches of nice highway; but the
    shoulders were narrow, and traffic was fairly high. Not what I'd call ideal for cycling.

    -Barry

  3. When I went I enjoyed it. Traffic was light and polite. It is flat as you might expect. I
    really enjoyed cycling there. I did a ride up to the ferry to Dauphin Island (near Mobile AL)
    and back. Enjoy it.

    "Denny" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm going to be in Gulf Shores next week. Is it a good place to ride road bikes? Good roads? Any
    help would be appreciated.

    Denny

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.