Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion

Good Customer Service - Veltec (Sidi Shoes)

Started by Steve Christens · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,306 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Recumbent bicycles
Published
5 May 2003
Last activity
6 May 2003
Original author
Steve Christens
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,306
Views / 30 days
2

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. We always seem to [censored] on the newsgroup when we get bad service, so I thought I would comment on
    some good service I just received.

    The buckle on my $190 Sidi Dominators kept coming loose, and I tried to glue the screw in with a bit
    of Loctite. Bad move! An couple of hours later the buckle broke about 20 miles from home. I was able
    to make it back wraping the shoe with an orthopaedic knee strap I had with me, or it would have been
    a very long walk.

    This morning I called Veltec Sports, the distributor for Sidi, and mentioned I had a buckle break on
    me. The first thing the guy asked me was had I used Loctite? Gee, how did you know? Turns out the
    solvent in Loctite weakens the plastic of the buckle, and is a no-no. But no problem, they'll get me
    a new set in the mail right away.

    So it was my fault, but they'll make it good. Fairly classy.

    Steve Christensen Midland, MI

  2. Steve Christensen said:

    ... The buckle on my $190 Sidi Dominators kept coming loose, and I tried to glue the screw in with
    a bit of Loctite. Bad move! An couple of hours later the buckle broke about 20 miles from home. I
    was able to make it back wraping the shoe with an orthopaedic knee strap I had with me, or it
    would have been a very long walk....

    A well prepared rider always has a roll of either electrical or duct tape with him/her. I have made
    temporary repairs on other people bikes on several occasions using electrical tape. None of them
    criticized me for carrying too much stuff afterwards. 😉

    Tom Sherman - Various HPV's Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)

  3. Very, very good.

    I think that rates beyond fairly classy. Kind of reminds me of an incident with BikeE. I had bought and tried an Airfree tire that c9ompletely destroyed the rear wheel (not my words, BikeE's). But even though it was my fault, they replaced the rear wheel at no cost.

    Despite what some might think of BikeE or their product, they gave me a completely new wheel with a 3x7 hub for nothing that was their doing.

    I am glad to know about Sidi. I was contemplating a new pair of shoes. Looks like I know what to look for.

    Derek

    Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by Steve Christens
    So it was my fault, but they'll make it good. Fairly classy.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.