George W. Bush

"Chris Phillipo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] says...
>> >
>> > I know that the US has deemed the UN irrelevant, but it is still made
>> > up
>> > of independent nations that do provide aid to counties in need,
>> > including those the US has put sanctions on. If all commuinism is a
>> > cancer that metastasises across the world and all communist regimes are
>> > somehow intertwined, explain to me why the Bush government is shoveling
>> > money China's way while trying to stop every dollar headed to Cuba.
>> > Other than satisfying an old vendetta that is.

>> Can't answer the question, I see.... No surprise there, eh?
>>

> Answered in full,

=================
No, you didn't. And you had to dishonestly snip out the question to make
this post. Typical....

you must be one of the children left beind under
> Bush's education plan, eh? Where's the answer to my question?

==============
You asked a question? You must not know how to puctuate in english then,
eh loser? Guess it is you that can't keep up, eh?

Mike Vandeman wrote:

>'cause Bush can't seem to get it.

because some people don't understand a free market supply and demand
economy, and that we didn't go over there to bring oil back in barrels
and ships, we went in to extract a dictator and for regime change.

bri

--

* enjoying the karma *
remove LKJSDFJSD from address to email

bri719 wrote:
> Mike Vandeman wrote:
>
>> 'cause Bush can't seem to get it.
>>

> because some people don't understand a free market supply and demand
> economy,

Untrue. The real problem here is that Saddam wouldn't sell oil to the U.S.
or contract their services. The U.S. understands free markets, of course.
They just don't care for them ( see softwood lumber, beef ban, invaison of
Iraq, etc ) when they want to be protectionist or secure their supplies
without all that market mumbo jumbo.

> and that we didn't go over there to bring oil back in barrels
> and ships,

Well, shipping it is really the only way. You just measure it in barrels.

> we went in to extract a dictator and for regime change.

No. Interfering with another sovereign govenment is not a legal excuse for
war under the constitution and is in defiance of the U.N. charter that the
U.S. ratified, so there are both U.S. laws and international laws making the
invasion illegal. The rationale actually used ( and some people may have
lost track with all the spinning and revising ) was the ONLY one that would
be acceptable, which was the threat to the U.S. from "Weapons of Mass
Destruction' and they had to lie about the evidence for that to get the
authority.

> bri

"Chris Phillipo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <ouOid.208994$a85.95232@fed1read04>, [email protected]
> says...
>> > Which brings me to another point, countries crippled by sanctions are
>> > then held up as examples of what a tragedy the dictatorship has
>> > brought.
>> > In this case it was not US sanctions at least. It is the case in
>> > Cuba,
>> > however.

>> It is a pretty broad brush you paint with Chris. We have a planet
>> full
>> of
>> independent thinking nations that do not toe the line with the USA that
>> can
>> ,if they so choose, help other countries out with any aid they so choose.
>> Why does'nt Russia continue to prop up such a small island nation such as
>> Cuba
>> as they did in the late 50's up untill the 80's. Why is Cuba our fault?
>> If
>> "the revolution" is such a noble concept why are N Korea or China not
>> pumping
>> massive amounts of aid to Castro/Cuba?
>>
>> respectfully
>> Lou W
>>

> I know that the US has deemed the UN irrelevant, but it is still made up
> of independent nations that do provide aid to counties in need,
> including those the US has put sanctions on.

In spite of not answering the question.......I'll play your game
Well......"good on em" then! I am sure that the other members of the UN
have
, at times, thumbed their collective noses at the UN when they wanted too.
Given the wisdom, power and resources that the rest of the UN have at
their
disposal, minus the USA of course, can you make a prediction as to when, use
Africa as an example, Aids will be less then an epidemic or when civil
unrest will
become a topic for a history book??? Surely this can be achived
with....out.....any other country second guessing or criticizing.

If all commuinism is a
> cancer that metastasises across the world and all communist regimes are
> somehow intertwined, explain to me why the Bush government is shoveling
> money China's way while trying to stop every dollar headed to Cuba.
> Other than satisfying an old vendetta that is.

The answer is pretty ****ing obvious. We have an economic interest in
ties/trade with China. It makes good sense to develop a positive
relationship with what is becomming a major player in the world market.
Second....they
have nukes.....may as well get on better terms with them one way or another.
Cuba, on the other hand, has sugar cane/rum and 1940's/50's vintage
American cars. The cars being the more valuable of the two. Castro has been
a pain in the ass for a long time yet is no threat. We also have mucho
expatriates in Florida and beyond that hate Castro.
I am not so naive as to belive that all nations always act in the best
interest
of "the world". Fact is that most/all nations act in their own self interest
when it suits them.

respectfully,

Lou W

> --
> _________________________
> Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
> http://www.ramsays-online.com

> Oh, yes, I forgot: Bush IS a mountain biker. So it's relevant.

Thats like claiming Bin Laden is an air breather, therefore discussing him
anywhere is relevent.

> If 1200 of your
> bravest being killed in sneak attacks is a side benefit then I begin to
> understand the policy shaping that going on.

Over the past 250 years or so, many brave American soldiers have made the
ultimate sacrafice to protect our freedoms. God Bless them All! They are
truly the reason that America is the best place on the face of this Earth to
live and die.

BTW, I missed the Political Party litmus test on your website (from your
comment below). How do you know when you're profiting from a Republican
MTB'er. Give me a break.

Goodoz
Liberator of overgrown forest that is crying to become Bike trail

>If anyone from the current Repulican administration wants to buy
>anything from me, they will have to look elsewhere.

> Hey Chris -- I have an amazing idea! I just noticed that your website --
> http://www.ramsays-online.com -- accepts orders from us blood mongers down
> here in the USA. Why don't you show us all what a Big Man of Conviction

you
> are and stop selling products to Americans? That way, you won't have to

get
> blood on your hands by doing business bad people. Hey, that's what you

said
> about Bush below!! Amazing!!
>
> Bet you don't do it! Have a great evening, Hypocrite!!
>
> Goodoz
> (Patriot, Consumer of Bloodless Products and Liberator of overgrown forest
> that is crying to become a bike
> trail)

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 05:45:37 GMT, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>
wrote:

> 'cause Bush can't seem to get it.

Hey Knucklehead, aren't you a little out of your element... why don't you
stick to the only two subjects you're intimately familiar with, hugging
trees and small prepubescent boyz.

--
Slacker

> On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 20:14:10 -0500, "RoadWarrior400"
>
> From: "t r u t h o u t" <[email protected]>
> Subject: FOCUS: Greg Palast | Kerry Won
> Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 18:15:03 -0800
>
> FOCUS: Greg Palast | Kerry Won
> http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/110504V.shtml

Wow! I was totally wrong! If I'd only known.

Of course you have to be right. I mean the piece referenced, obviously
written by someone with no agenda or opportunity for personal gain(Greg
Palast, contributing editor to Harper's magazine, investigated the
manipulation of the vote for BBC Television's Newsnight. The documentary,
"Bush Family Fortunes," based on his New York Times bestseller, The Best
Democracy Money Can Buy, has been released this month on DVD. ).

Furthermore, the hard evidence cited in the piece is beyond reproach. No,
and I mean no, baseless speculation, conjecture, or worse, outright lies
were put forth. Of course, that's why this story is all over the
mainstream(i.e. liberal-leaning) media. That's why the hundreds(yes
hundreds) of legal representatives in battleground states have converged on
Ohio and have filed numerous lawsuits protesting the balloting in Ohio.

In summary ... you're such a tool. You are, without a doubt, the biggest
f*cking d*ckh*ad to pollute Usenet. Or ... you're the best - by far -
troll. Please, get a damned life. For your sake and that of everyone who
likes to read a Usenet group for the intended topic.

On the chance you are just a common troll, I'll respond no more. I already
contributed two too many replies that are OT. Once again, get a friggin'
life. Troll or not. Do you ever leave your computer?

RW

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 16:12:50 -0800, bri719 <[email protected]>
wrote:

..Mike Vandeman wrote:
..
..>'cause Bush can't seem to get it.
..>
..>
..
..
..because some people don't understand a free market supply and demand
..economy, and that we didn't go over there to bring oil back in barrels
..and ships, we went in to extract a dictator and for regime change.
..
..bri

What's really amazing is how many people, such as you, actually believe Bush's
BS!
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 00:25:35 -0500, "RoadWarrior400"
<[email protected]> wrote:

..
.."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..news:[email protected]...
..> On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 20:14:10 -0500, "RoadWarrior400"
..>
..> From: "t r u t h o u t" <[email protected]>
..> Subject: FOCUS: Greg Palast | Kerry Won
..> Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 18:15:03 -0800
..>
[...]

Did you say something?
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 16:12:50 -0800, bri719

<[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> > What's really amazing is how many people, such as you, actually believe

Bush's
> BS!
> ===

are you sure they believed Bush's BS or didn't believe Kerry's. Bush =
BS Kerry=BS & lies.

On 06 Nov 2004, the cheeks of Mike Vandeman parted, and a trumpetous
noise emerged:

> On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 16:12:50 -0800, bri719
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> .Mike Vandeman wrote:
> .
> .>'cause Bush can't seem to get it.
> .>
> .>
> .
> .
> .because some people don't understand a free market supply and demand
> .economy, and that we didn't go over there to bring oil back in
> barrels .and ships, we went in to extract a dictator and for regime
> change. .
> .bri
>
> What's really amazing is how many people, such as you, actually
> believe Bush's BS!

What's amazing is that you think this "BS" is Bush's. Bush doesn't seem
to understand simple economics either, because he's deficit spending this
country into the ground. And we did go to Iraq to extract a dictator,
though it wasn't the smartest thing to do at the time.

Your partisanship is showing.

--
__ __ _ ___ ___
/ _|/ _/ |_ _|_ _|

[email protected]

"Ian St. John" <[email protected]> wrote:

>bri719 wrote:
>> Mike Vandeman wrote:
>>
>>> 'cause Bush can't seem to get it.
>>>

>> because some people don't understand a free market supply and demand
>> economy,

>Untrue. The real problem here is that Saddam wouldn't sell oil to the U.S.
>or contract their services. The U.S. understands free markets, of course.
>They just don't care for them ( see softwood lumber, beef ban, invaison of
>Iraq, etc ) when they want to be protectionist or secure their supplies
>without all that market mumbo jumbo.

C'mon... not buying oil from Iraq or not is like arguing which end of
the swimming pool you're going to fill up. It's a global problem, not
a local one... if we don't get oil from Iraq, someone else does, and
we get the oil from South America they would have bought otherwise.

Of course, a lot of Iraqi oil apparently went to buy UN votes, but
that's another thread.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

"the Moderator" <sparky@no_spam_engineer.com> wrote:

>> (1) The US has not released bodycount information. The figure of
>> 10,000 is based on Iraqi Ministry of Heath figures.
>> (2) The exact number of Iraqi civilian deaths is unknown. Only around
>> 15,000 have been confirmed, but many expert reports estimate the figure
>> at 100,000
>>
>> http://icasualties.org/oif/
>> http://www.iraqbodycount.net/
>> http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040908/D84V554G0.html
>> http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200410/s1230305.htm

>So the numbers jump from 16,000 to 100,000 and no one bats an eye? I would
>say the survey is flawed.

And 16,000 would be at the very high range of the estimates I had seen
previously (by about 6,000). Oh well, never let the facts stand in
the way of a good rant, eh?

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

Mark Hickey wrote:
> "Ian St. John" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> bri719 wrote:

>>> because some people don't understand a free market supply and demand
>>> economy,

>> Untrue. The real problem here is that Saddam wouldn't sell oil to
>> the U.S. or contract their services. The U.S. understands free
>> markets, of course. They just don't care for them ( see softwood
>> lumber, beef ban, invaison of Iraq, etc ) when they want to be
>> protectionist or secure their supplies without all that market mumbo
>> jumbo.

> C'mon... not buying oil from Iraq or not is like arguing which end of
> the swimming pool you're going to fill up. It's a global problem, not
> a local one... if we don't get oil from Iraq, someone else does, and
> we get the oil from South America they would have bought otherwise.

But Saddam defied the U.S. so they gave him 'a deal he couldn't refuse' like
any other criminal conspiracy. As I say, they only pay lip service to the
idea of the right of a seller to refuse a sale. In truth, as long as they
have bigger guns,..

> Of course, a lot of Iraqi oil apparently went to buy UN votes, but
> that's another thread.

You mispelled 'delusion'.