General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Further to post on "Avocado's...A thought on 'Tomato's'.

Started by Bigbazza · · Last activity · 2 posts · 351 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
3 April 2004
Last activity
3 April 2004
Original author
Bigbazza
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
351
Views / 30 days
1

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. As I was looking at the Post by 'John' on Avocado's turning
    brown...I remembered a suggestion made to me some years ago
    by a Cousin...I used to do it and it always seemed to work
    for me.... When I buy Tomatoes I used to put them in a bowl
    and leave them with an 'Apple' amongst them...Either left on
    the kitchen bench or in the fridge..either way..(I prefer
    Tomatoes left out of fridge myself these day's)...They used
    to keep remarkably well compared to ones left without an
    'Apple' amongst them....Anyone else ever done this ?? and if
    so what is the 'explanation' for it ?..

    Bigbazza

  2. "Socks" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Bigbazza said:

    They used to keep remarkably well compared to ones left
    without an 'Apple' amongst them....Anyone else ever done
    this ?? and if so what is the 'explanation' for it ?..

    ethylene, a page on it:

    aboutproduce.comethylene.html

    (i think ethylene would affect ripening of avacados, but
    not what happens after they are cut up.)

    I just 'read' the site...Thanks.."Socks"...I can see that
    the Ethylene ripens the 'Fruit' (viz..Tomaoes'..but does
    not explain why they 'Keep' much longer without
    'overrippening' them....

    Bigbazza

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.