Hi,
I just posted a Gitane Tandem (24" front/22" rear) on ebay. It is
auction number 7160359667 and ends Jun-07-05 09:30:00 PDT. It is in
the Philadelphia, PA area and might be just the bike for you.
Description below
- Michael
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=98084&item=7160359667
----------------------
This is a Gitane tandem bike. This bicycle has a great deep flecked
grape purple finish with some (but not many) scratches and has all of
the original company decals. It is a French made touring tandem with
cantalever front and rear brakes with a secondary, drum break built
into the rear hub. It has a larger frame (24"/22"😉 with a
distitinctive curved rear seat tube that gives the stoker (rear rider)
more space while keeping the overall length managable (90"😉.
This tandem is ready to ride now and would clean up (dust from storage)
with little effort. Take it out to train, on a long tour, or turn it
into a really cool fixed gear two-seater for urban riding. I have two
classic, upright-style handlebars you could use for $10 each in
addition to the auction price if you want to convert from the current
bars. The Gitane company is still making bikes and has a website at
www.gitane.com.
Tires- "Specialized Touring" 100x32C, 95 PSI
Breaks - Mafac France, Simplex, Atom Drum Brake
Gears - Suntour (6 cogs on freewheel and 3 chainrings up front)
Wheels - Mavic "module 4", ALGI
Pedals and Toe Clips- Stronglight, Paturaud special Christophe
Captain (front) position - 24" (pedal to top of the frame's seat tube)
Stoker (rear) position - 22" (pedal to top of the frame's seat tube)
Jacques Anquetil and Greg Lemond raced on Gitanes. It is a classic
brand in bicycling history. I think the Gitane company was realted to
Renault company.
I will deliver it free within 10 miles of Philadelphia, PA. I could
also take it to a bike shop to have them ship it with buyer paying
shipping costs. I take care to list as much as I know about each item.
All sales are final. Please review the description and photos closely
and email questions prior to bidding.