Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion

FS: Custom TE EX (Size XL) Reduced!

Started by Scott · · Last activity · 1 post · 529 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Recumbent bicycles
Published
30 March 2004
Last activity
30 March 2004
Original author
Scott
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
529
Views / 30 days
4

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Okay, benters: Super deal! I've cut the price of my TE to
    $2500 plus shipping for the whole deal--underseat
    panniers and all. This is a screaming deal with a bike
    with so many features, accessories, and so few miles
    (1,300). Heck, the fairing/mounts and underseat rack and
    bags together go for $700 new!

    Original post:

    Well, I've decided to go back to the world of SWB. I love
    the handling and all of my TE, but the SWB will work
    better for me, especially as my commuting buses now have
    bike racks.

    This black Tour Easy is a sweet, custom deal with many up
    grades and accessories. All told, I've got about $4k
    invested. The bike has about 1,300 miles on it and was
    purchased last year in Nov. The only down side is that I
    fell once, so the fairing is scratched, and the seat frame
    and rear dr. have small, not very noticeable scratches, too.
    The rest of the bike is clean. On the plus side, this is
    what you get!

    Tinted Super Zzipper fairing and mounts (suitable for full
    body sock); tinting helps tone down the scratches Tail Sok
    and mounting hardware (tent pole version) XT rear dr. 445
    front dr. Dura Ace barend shifters Two water bottle cages
    Adjustable stem

    Brakes: Avid Ball bearing rear disc Avid Arch Rival front
    Avid 7 Speed dial levers

    Velocity Aeroheat rims on Ritchy sealed pro hubs Ritchy WCS
    Lifetime Headset Suntour Superb cranks (170) with 24/38/48
    rings Philwood stainless bottom bracket Sram chain Frame and
    Handlebar bags Rear rack Planet Bike fenders Cyclestar
    mirror Single leg kickstand (for light weight) AND ESGE
    double leg stand! Easy Rider underseat pannier rack Easy
    Rider Lloooongg panniers

    Currently the bike is fitted with Schwalbe Marathons, but
    I'll include a hardly used Ritchy Tomslick rear, Vredestein
    Monte Carlo slick front, and an unused, folding rear tire as
    a spare for touring. I'll also include some basic platform
    pedals and toe clips.

    Add water bottles, a pump, your basic tools, and this is
    set to tour!

    I'm asking $2800--NO! $2500 for the whole deal or $2300 for
    the bike without the underseat panniers and rack, which I
    can sell separately. It kind of breaks my heart to sell it,
    but this is not the right bike for me at this time. I'd like
    to send it to a good home, but her new owner will need to be
    tall. I'd really rather not deal with packing and shipping,
    but if absolutely required, purchaser can pay for all this
    to be done by my LBS. I can, however, deliver or meet
    halfway within a large radius of central and southern
    California. (I'd drive a few hours to meet someone). I've
    attached a link to pictures of me and the bike heading out
    on a tour. I'll be adding detail photos soon.

    Cheers,

    Scott email: [email hidden]

    community.webshots.com128337608eIfSEH

    Also, ebay for photos and all:

    cgi.ebay.comeBayISAPI.dll
    74&category=7298

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.