rec.bicycles.marketplace · Public discussion

FS: 17 inch Jamis Komodo (~1999) Hardtail mtb

Started by Robin Hubert · · Last activity · 1 post · 449 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.bicycles.marketplace
Published
7 August 2005
Last activity
7 August 2005
Original author
Robin Hubert
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
449
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. This is a great bike. I just don't ride it anymore.
    I bought the frame, spec'd, and built it myself.

    Here's what you get:

    Complete bike minus seatpost, saddle, and pedals

    - '99 Manitou SX Ti 80mm fork
    - King hs
    - XTR M900 175mm old school crank/UN72 bb/Sugino rings (26/36/46)
    - XT M739 (?) 32H paralax silver hubs/Campagnolo Aconcagua rims/14G
    spokes/XT 8sp 12-28 cassette
    - Chain is pretty new (SRAM PC something or other)
    - Avid Arch Rival brake calipers/Koolstop salmon pads/Avid SD2.0 levers
    - Bontrager Revolt ST (semi-knob) rear and SS (semi-slick) front tires
    - XTR M952 rear derailleur
    - XT M736 front derailleur
    - Ritchey WCS 84^x 120mm stem/Syncros Al striaght bar (5 degree)/Craig
    bar-end extensions
    - XT Rapidfire plus rear shifter and SRAM ESP multi-click twist-shift
    front
    - about 12mm of spacers

    There has been an occasion of chain suck, but this frame is Stout! I
    believe it's just fine. Unlike today's Komodo, this is a hardtail
    rocket. Before that, I had a Specialized S-Works, and this frame is
    every bit the quality. Check out the HUGE sclupted chainstays.

    Frame and fork are disc brake compatible. Breezer style dropouts.

    The fork runs fine but the elastomer separator cracked. Manitou didn't
    have the exact replacement part so I replaced it with what they had, and
    I serviced it this winter but there is a click at the bottom of the
    stroke. I haven't taken it apart again but it should be ok.

    I am a professional bike mechanic and I properly prep'd the head tube
    and bottom bracket. The hs has been serviced (cleaned/greased). Though
    the bike is a bit dirty I will have it clean for shipping. I will also
    make sure the hubs are in proper service (I think they have fresh grease
    but it's been about a year) and the wheels will be true (which the
    mostly are). The wheels, for what it's worth, have been bomb-proof.

    I hate Ebay so I'm offering this for sale on RBT first.
    I will take offers for two weeks. If I don't get anywhere near what I
    want, I'll go to Ebay with it. Or, perhaps I'll part it out.

    For pictures, go to http://home.earthlink.net/~robinhubert/id4.html

    Thanks, and good luck.

    Robin Hubert

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.