Fresh Dill And Cucumber Vinaigrette
Published in: Amarillo Globe
1/2 cup peeled -- seeded and chopped cucumbers
1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup vinegar (I like rice vinegar for this)
1 teaspoons minced fresh dill
1 teaspoons salt
1 cup oil
Combine cucumber, onion, sugar, vinegar, dill and salt in bowl of food
processor or blender. Process until smooth. Gradually add the oil and
process until thoroughly blended. Pour into jar, seal and refrigerate
until time of serving. Shake well before using.
Recipe Notes
Perhaps this is not what food professionals call a true vinaigrette, but I
like it more than the [censored] version. Keep in mind that you can reduce the
amount of sugar if you want a semi-[censored] dressing. Were my experiments
successful? I would say they were, because when I made my fresh dill and
cucumber vinaigrette at a recent food demonstration, my attention was
called to one gentleman who was drinking it from the small demo cup
instead of putting it on lettuce. Another gentleman said it was one of
the best dressings he had ever tasted.
Exported from A Cook's Books -- Recipe management for Macintosh
--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at [email hidden].
Only recipes and recipe requests are accepted for posting.
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.
Archives: http://www.cdkitchen.com/rfr/ http://recipes.alastra.com/