rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Free Mount Success! and 5' Questions

Started by ulyssesnitrate9 · · Last activity · 3 posts · 130 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
9 July 2007
Last activity
10 July 2007
Original author
ulyssesnitrate9
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
130
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Just wanted to say that I finally accomplished free-mounting my 5'
    Savage uni... I didn't realize it was fairly easy if you turn off
    thinking and just kind of feel the mount. Now I need to know a couple
    of things.

    First, how good is a Savage unicycle, especially a giraffe? My first
    unicyle, a 20" Savage, had a pedal that kind of stripped its threading
    and took me by surprise during one of my rides... I'm thinking I
    probably shouldn't attempt hopping on this giraffe?

    Also, how do I go about replacing the pedals with larger ones (the
    standard plastic ones for people with very small feet are currently
    attached)? Any recommendations of a pair I can pick up at any cycle
    shop?

    Thanks!

    --
    ulyssesnitrate9
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ulyssesnitrate9's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/15279
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/62466

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  2. Oh, and are there better cranks or even just seat clamps I can replace
    this standard one with?

    --
    ulyssesnitrate9
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ulyssesnitrate9's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/15279
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/62466

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  3. http://tinyurl.com/ywguwb
    UDC has the best selection of little parts. The trick to changing
    pedals is that the right pedal screws in normal, and the left counter
    clockwise. You have to turn it like you are tightening it to remove
    it.
    I really like dimension plastic pedals. Very strong, light, and only
    10$.

    --
    feel the light
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    feel the light's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14551
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/62466

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.