General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Forget J-Lo: What about Ian and Amanda?

Started by Larry Weisentha · · Last activity · 3 posts · 729 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
12 June 2004
Last activity
19 June 2004
Original author
Larry Weisentha
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
729
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. news.com.au0,4057,9827241%5E661,00.html

    Question: Swim parents most likely to birth the next Phelps?

    I remember that when Roland Matthes married Kornelia Ender,
    I thought their kids would have to be future wonders of the
    aquatics world. They did have a daughter who became a
    swimmer, but she never progressed above the local level. On
    the other hand, the Olympic champion parents were both East
    Germans, so maybe their genes weren't as "good" as I thought
    back in the 1970s.

    Any other PAIRS of world class swimmers who married and
    became swim parents?

  2. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    On the other hand, the Olympic champion parents were
    both East


    Germans, so maybe their genes weren't as "good" as I thought
    back in the 1970s.<<

    Maybe their genes weren't as much of a major
    contributary factor in their success, but the
    performance enhancing substances used during that time
    by many of the East bloc swimmers certainly gave them an
    edge in competition (albeit an unfair one).

    Steve Curtis

  3. Amanda accompanied Ian to the Australian swimming awards
    last year. At the time the Australian media reported a
    rumour that they were a couple, but he denied the rumour
    then too. Perhaps she could help him with his breaststroke!

    "Larry Weisenthal" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    news.com.au0,4057,9827241%5E661
    ,00.html

    Question: Swim parents most likely to birth the next
    Phelps?

    I remember that when Roland Matthes married Kornelia
    Ender, I thought


    their

    Quoted message said:

    kids would have to be future wonders of the aquatics
    world. They did have


    a

    Quoted message said:

    daughter who became a swimmer, but she never progressed
    above the local


    level.

    Quoted message said:

    On the other hand, the Olympic champion parents were both
    East Germans, so maybe their genes weren't as "good" as I
    thought back in the 1970s.

    Any other PAIRS of world class swimmers who married and
    became swim


    parents?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.