Bike buying advice · Public discussion

For a trip from Paris to Barcalona

Started by seanod · · Last activity · 2 posts · 352 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike buying advice
Published
13 June 2012
Last activity
13 June 2012
Original author
seanod
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
352
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could help me out.
    I'm planning on going on a cycling trip from Paris to Barcelona with some friends and was wondering what sort of bike I should buy? Will a hybrid be good enough? or will it need to be a road bike. Also, is spending £200 on a new bike good enough for a journey like that? This for example http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380435243449?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1952.l2649#ht_2380wt_1195

  2. Your trip sounds like fun. I did something similar when I was a teen on a road bike with some rear panniers and a handlebar bag.

    I personally think the Raleigh in the link would work. Make sure it fits - the two sizes that seem available are 55cm and 47cm. One is tiny, the 55cm is probably good for someone in the range of 5'9"-5'11 or 6ft. The good news is Raleigh is sold in a few bike shops and you may be able to see one in person before bying.

    A hybrid could work also, as long as it fits right.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.