Road Cycling · Public discussion

Floyd Landis Will Have Hip Surgery After TDF

Started by Kenny · · Last activity · 5 posts · 432 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
10 July 2006
Last activity
11 July 2006
Original author
Kenny
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
432
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Interesting article in the NYT.

    http://tinyurl.com/rstdo

  2. "Kenny" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Interesting article in the NYT.

    http://tinyurl.com/rstdo

    I had a total hip replacement 3 years ago. I was in chronic pain for
    four years prior to my surgery. Afterwards my doctor told me no running,
    no skiing and no tennis but cycling was OK.

    Bo Jackson and a number of other pro athletes continued their careers
    after hip replacement surgery.

    I'm 62 and I had angioplasty this past February. I underwent 3 months of
    cardiac rehab and I just started riding seriously again about a month
    ago. It feels great to be back in the saddle again.

    A couple of weeks ago, another rider zipped past me and I tried to jump
    on his wheel. I dropped off after a 1/2 mile chase but it was a
    wonderful feeling to get the old spirit back. Riding is no longer just
    exercise, it's fun again!

    On Saturday I did a brisk 15 mile ride with one of my business
    associates half my age. On a slight downhill stretch about 2 miles out,
    I dropped into my highest gear and sprinted away. He had to chase me
    down!

    I did manufacturing consulting with a number of companies that make
    joint implants. I told my doctor that I wanted to have one made with my
    name on it. He said no way!

    Orthopedic surgeons have many varied reasons why they prefer one maker
    over the other. My implant is titanium with a chrome-cobalt alloy ball
    and a plastic socket liner.

    The operation is quite brutal and more like carpentry than modern
    medicine. I while my pain was gone, I thought that I would be back to
    normal in a week or two. I took me two months to get my strength back.

    Chas.

  3. * * Chas said:

    "Kenny" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Interesting article in the NYT.

    http://tinyurl.com/rstdo

    I had a total hip replacement 3 years ago. I was in chronic pain for
    four years prior to my surgery. Afterwards my doctor told me no
    running, no skiing and no tennis but cycling was OK.

    Bo Jackson and a number of other pro athletes continued their careers
    after hip replacement surgery.

    I'm 62 and I had angioplasty this past February. I underwent 3 months
    of cardiac rehab and I just started riding seriously again about a
    month ago. It feels great to be back in the saddle again.

    A couple of weeks ago, another rider zipped past me and I tried to
    jump on his wheel. I dropped off after a 1/2 mile chase but it was a
    wonderful feeling to get the old spirit back. Riding is no longer just
    exercise, it's fun again!

    On Saturday I did a brisk 15 mile ride with one of my business
    associates half my age. On a slight downhill stretch about 2 miles
    out, I dropped into my highest gear and sprinted away. He had to
    chase me down!

    I did manufacturing consulting with a number of companies that make
    joint implants. I told my doctor that I wanted to have one made with
    my name on it. He said no way!

    Orthopedic surgeons have many varied reasons why they prefer one maker
    over the other. My implant is titanium with a chrome-cobalt alloy ball
    and a plastic socket liner.

    The operation is quite brutal and more like carpentry than modern
    medicine. I while my pain was gone, I thought that I would be back to
    normal in a week or two. I took me two months to get my strength back.

    Inspirational. Thanks!

  4. On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 12:44:51 -0700, "* * Chas" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "Kenny" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Interesting article in the NYT.

    http://tinyurl.com/rstdo

    I had a total hip replacement 3 years ago. I was in chronic pain for
    four years prior to my surgery. Afterwards my doctor told me no running,
    no skiing and no tennis but cycling was OK.

    Bo Jackson and a number of other pro athletes continued their careers
    after hip replacement surgery.

    I'm 62 and I had angioplasty this past February. I underwent 3 months of
    cardiac rehab and I just started riding seriously again about a month
    ago. It feels great to be back in the saddle again.

    A couple of weeks ago, another rider zipped past me and I tried to jump
    on his wheel. I dropped off after a 1/2 mile chase but it was a
    wonderful feeling to get the old spirit back. Riding is no longer just
    exercise, it's fun again!

    On Saturday I did a brisk 15 mile ride with one of my business
    associates half my age. On a slight downhill stretch about 2 miles out,
    I dropped into my highest gear and sprinted away. He had to chase me
    down!

    I did manufacturing consulting with a number of companies that make
    joint implants. I told my doctor that I wanted to have one made with my
    name on it. He said no way!

    Orthopedic surgeons have many varied reasons why they prefer one maker
    over the other. My implant is titanium with a chrome-cobalt alloy ball
    and a plastic socket liner.

    The operation is quite brutal and more like carpentry than modern
    medicine. I while my pain was gone, I thought that I would be back to
    normal in a week or two. I took me two months to get my strength back.

    Chas.


    The show (I think it was called) "The Operation" had that surgery from
    beginning to end. Lots of cutting, sawing, drilling and reaming.

  5. "Bill Sornson" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    * * Chas said:

    "Kenny" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Interesting article in the NYT.

    http://tinyurl.com/rstdo


    <snip>

    Quoted message said:


    Inspirational. Thanks!


    You're welcome. The joy of cycling is it's own reward....

    Chas.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.