Heading into my first weekend "back" I'm thinking out food plans because
I'll have houseguests and tonight I'm hosting a get together with some other
girlfriends too, so there may be temptations in the form of sweets, carbs,
and alcohol.
Of the 5 coming over tonight 2 are current low carbers, 1 is an "eat
everything" non-dieter, 1 is a diabetic who should be low carbing but
doesn't take care of her sugar but she loves protein and knows she feels
better when low caring (planning n exerting some peer pressure there, can
you tell?), and 1 is a mystery except I know she's not a vegetarian. I'm
planning all low carb snacks. I may put out some sort of carb snack if
people ask, but it'll be a gluten food which I know I can't eat (I'm a
Celiac) so there's no temptation there. Anyhow, I always have cheese cubes
on hand (kids' favorite snack around here), and I got pepperoni bites,
almonds, and olives... I also boiled a dozen eggs for deviled eggs. That
should be plenty of finger food while we game I think!
I got 2# of bacon and another 18 eggs for breakfasts tomorrow and Sunday,
and for lunches there are burgers, dogs, and sausages... So really the only
thing I need to sort out is dinners... Any ideas? I have pork loins,
chicken, hamburger, and a turkey in the freezer. Salad, cauliflower, green
beans, and celery, in the fridge... I'm sure we'll put together something
yummy... Suggestions and inspirations are always welcome!!
Julie
208/179/140