rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

First-ever underwear seat

Started by David Stone · · Last activity · 5 posts · 354 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
17 November 2004
Last activity
18 November 2004
Original author
David Stone
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
354
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. My air-seat had a slow leak. I wasn't able to fix it today.

    Riding on a uni with a deflated air-seat is really unpleasant. It's like
    getting home an finding that you'd accidentally left a carrot grater in
    your pants again.

    Thinking on my feet (or on my seat) this afternoon, it occurred to me that
    I'd have a really uncomfy 5-mile ride home unless I could remedy the
    situation. At work I had a few changes of clothes, but most of the items
    were too bulky to replace the innertube. I had to go with a spare pair of
    underwear (nice rhyme there).

    Has anyone else ever had to ride an underwear seat before? I have a
    feeling this may be a first.

    David

  2. So Socks count as underwear? My old Schwinn seat is wrapped in socks.

    Never tried tighties or boxers though.

    --
    UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

    Steve

    You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. - C.
    S. Lewis

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36366

  3. i dont use air seats anymore but when i did thats why i always put the
    tube under the foam, just in case.

    i have used carpet cut into shape instead of foam before when i didnt
    have any, it works

    --
    jagur - #3649_all fluff i hear?

    'BUY MY KH24 FRAME SO I CAN FEED MY CHILDREN...CLICK HERE!'
    (http://tinyurl.com/3je7r)
    ---------------------------------------------------
    -Forget_Your_Life-
    --------------------------------------
    -------*muni militia *-------
    *one wheeled death squad*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    jagur's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/502
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36366

  4. You're still using a seat? Sissy.

    --
    harper - Riding a Fat

    -Greg Harper

    B L U E S H I F T

    "You go through life and you choose." - Greg Harper

    "Find weak people and take stuff from them" - Greg Harper
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    harper's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/426
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36366

  5. harper said:

    *You're still using a seat? Sissy. *

    not a new problem:

    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Attachment filename: le-roi-du-monocycle.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/249863|
    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    wobbling bear - GranPa goes-a-wobblin'
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    wobbling bear's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3716
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36366

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.