Bike buying advice · Public discussion

First bike purchase for road bike

Started by boo71886 · · Last activity · 4 posts · 1,808 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike buying advice
Published
16 January 2007
Last activity
27 February 2007
Original author
boo71886
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,808
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. My name is Yahuan I'm new to the site. I used to own a mongoose and road 30 miles a day. I love bike riding, I find it to be very fun, relaxing and a great workout(well part of it i also lift weights). My mongoose was stolin while I was with a family member in the hospital from right in front of the hospital. Now I'm looking to get a good bike, I'll be rideing 50-100miles every saturday on it. And if I can find some people to ride with in Jacksonville, NC even longer. The bike I was looking at is the Motobecane Immortal Force. I read reviews on it and I've read that it is made out of really good parts and good quality. Is this a good bike? I saw it on directbikes.com for 1495.00. If I could get a good bike for less thats fine I just want a nice bike that will let me fly. I was so embarresed when a group of team racers blew me out the water on some Treks, I could not keep up for the life of me and I was pedalling HARD. The type of bike I'm looking for a road bike

  2. Buy That Bike, Now!!!

  3. Well I did research on bikes direct and found that the biks aren't worth it. I spoke with somone at a bike shop that was replacing his bike and said he had it a year and when parts started to break from moderate use he could not get a replacement for the parts and was just sol for the $$ he spent. I've also talked to some people who have never had any problems.

    I would be afraid to purchase a bike that I didn't get to test ride first. You should really get a fitting from your bike shop especially since this is your first road bike (a good fit makes a world of difference).

    Good luck finding somthing you will be happy with.

  4. Take a look at Cannondale bikes. They are one of the last big manufactures to build frames in the USA. They are light and comfortable for alloy material. Some models have a carbon fork for a smoother ride. Check out the Feminine models made for women. The Optimo Feminine 2 is beautiful!!! Some models offer 2 or 3 sprocket crank options. If you have many hills you might want 3 sprockets. If you have mostly flat roads or are a strong rider then 2 would be better. You can change and upgrade any part, but the heart of the bike is the frame.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.