Finding group rides

MarkieD

Feb 8, 2013
What are the sites people use to find group bike rides? There is GroupRide, but it still lacks a lot of states. Although, there has been many rides added over the last couple of weeks. What other sites are out there?

I don't think there is an online community where you can know about the group riders. You can go out and join various local clubs. I love group ride and we visit new places every day. I am a part of a local club. So, I would also recommend you to join any local club to enjoy group ride.

I enjoy club riding. I also used to think the online community but now, I know that it's not there. You can take a membership of the local club group. Then, you will be able to enjoy the group riding. I agree with the fact that group riding is more enjoyable than the individual riding.

I agree with @neednoexcuse about joining riding clubs. However, it is not for me because I am not a serious rider. And I only ride with groups whenever I would have a feel for it. All I would do is to linger by the village gate fronting the main road and wait for the cycling groups to pass by. They are always present during the weekends. I even have the luxury of choosing which group to ride with.

It's still best to go out there and interact with other people you meet who also bike since they may have a better idea of where you can find a group locally. Try your local university or check if there are any biking clubs available in your area.

Well, there're a lot of group pages in social media, I know you can find a group there about the people who interested in biking. But I think much more better if you going for a group rides with the people around your community.