Finally wore my pedals out

Buck

Guest
I noticed this morning that one of my Time ATAC pedals was a bit wonky
the bearings have collapsed in the right hand pedal, I have replaced some
of the ball bearings from my "big box of bits" and re-packed them
for now but will need new pedals, I estimate they have covered about 50,000
miles in the last five years so I think they have done well, I will be
replacing them
with some new ATACs.
--
Three wheels good, two wheels ok

www.catrike.co.uk

Buck wrote:
> I noticed this morning that one of my Time ATAC pedals was a bit wonky
> the bearings have collapsed in the right hand pedal, I have replaced some
> of the ball bearings from my "big box of bits" and re-packed them
> for now but will need new pedals, I estimate they have covered about 50,000
> miles in the last five years so I think they have done well, I will be
> replacing them with some new ATACs.

I had the bearings go in one of mine, LBS got me a complete
replacement race for, IIRC, about a tenner. Not /quite/ good as
new, but I'd be hard pushed to tell you which one it was now (3
pairs running on different bikes)

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

On 2007-02-11 12:17:45 +0000, Peter Clinch <[email protected]> said:

> Buck wrote:
>> I noticed this morning that one of my Time ATAC pedals was a bit wonky
>> the bearings have collapsed in the right hand pedal, I have replaced some
>> of the ball bearings from my "big box of bits" and re-packed them
>> for now but will need new pedals, I estimate they have covered about 50,000
>> miles in the last five years so I think they have done well, I will be
>> replacing them with some new ATACs.

> I had the bearings go in one of mine, LBS got me a complete replacement
> race for, IIRC, about a tenner. Not /quite/ good as new, but I'd be
> hard pushed to tell you which one it was now (3 pairs running on
> different bikes)
>
> Pete.

I deal with the distributor, I will see what the spares situation is,
actually I rode 23km just now and it feels fine.