muxy said:I posted without reading most of the other responces. Looks like you recieved some sound advice. Good luck
When I graduated college an eon ago I was 190 pounds, I am 6' in height. Over the years it seems that pounds crept up on me and finally last Christmas I weighed 245, the most I had ever been.
I used to ride but with work and a sedentary lifestye I gave it up 10 years ago.
Anyway, I became very depressed about being a LARD ASS and PORKER, so one day I finally said enough is enough. I began a program based on the South Beach plan but had it modified by my physician to include a more rounded use of carbs.
I began riding a few months ago and now ride approximately 70-80 miles a week averaging 15.5-16.5 mph.
My weight had dropped from 245 to my current 218. My waist went from 40" to 34".
About 3 weeks ago I hit a plateau and had not seen any change, in fact I would vary up and down 1-3 pounts over a week. Then I read this forum with regard to logging everything I eat, exercise and counting calories. I started with counting about 5 days ago.
This week I lost 1.5 pounds.
My goal is to hit 185 by next Christmas and increase my riding to 125 miles per week.
I appreciate the advice here, my doctor has me on vitamin suppliments and I can honestly say I feel alive again. Previously, I hated going out with friends, the weight was a killer and nothing fit. My face was round and my chin was a double maybe more. Now my clothes hang and I am spending a fortune buying pants and shirts every couple of months for work. I guess however, that is good.
The fat clothes are being donated to the needy.
Everyone wins.