Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Felt FS-600 Crankset and gears

Started by Lars Jensen · · Last activity · 1 post · 2,420 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
6 October 2003
Last activity
6 October 2003
Original author
Lars Jensen
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,420
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I bought a FS-600 earlier this year and have rode it for around ~1.000km now (around 50-80km a ride, 1½ month)... It's purchased in Europe and ridden in Japan, so going to the store I bought it in, costs considerably !

    When I ride it in mountains or otherwise press the pedal with force, it gives a kind of grinding noise which doesnt feel right. I took it to a store near my place, and they not only told me it was normal, but prompted on maybe a stronger crank would be a solution, they told me I couldnt change the one I had on - from the Felt labled to say a Shimano...

    My first question goes upon, this cannot be true - can it ? isnt it just my local store being disinformed (Felt not that big of a name here)

    The model is fitted with a "Shimano 7-Speed 11-28" set - I might be weak, but riding the steepest mountains, I sometimes have a problem (>12%) - I've seen people here talk about a size 32 - I really dont know much about it - would it be possible to change this rear, without changing the complete gears. (I'm riding Acera, but would eventually like Deore XT - just seem expensive to change all now)

    On the flats, I ride in the highest gear with no problem, going like 34-38km/h - no need to change the 11 I guess.

    Any help and guides most welcome

    / Lars
    http://www.ljweb.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.