Is that the equivalent of 14.0 µg/ml? I have in my possession an autopsy report where the amount found is as listed above, and is called a consistent with therapeutic levels. However, if that means 14.0 µg/ml, this is clearly an amount less than has killed people before, and is consistent with a whopping dose. I wouldn't think a coroner would make such an error, so what does the above translate to? -- dextromethorphan.wsdextromethorphan.wsOpen ↗ For information about the psychedelic drug DXM, including dangers.
"rfgdxm/Robert F. Golaszewski" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:406- [email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
From drug tox results from inguinal blood:
Dextromethorphan 14.0 µg%
Is that the equivalent of 14.0 µg/ml? I have in my possession an autopsy report where the amount found is as listed above, and is called a consistent with therapeutic levels. However, if that means 14. µg/ml, this is clearly an amount less than has killed people before, and is consistent with a whopping dose. I wouldn't think a coroner would make such an error, so what does the above translate to? --
"Micrograms percent" in this case would refer to the number of micrograms in 100 milliliters of blood.
So then this means .14 µg/ml? In that case, the coroner here had it spot on, this is indeed a typical therapeutic dose. Thanks. The reason why I asked this is it involved a case where a teenager died of a drug overdose that a source contacted me about. There question was whether DXM was responsible for the death. What the autopsy resulted found was a whopping dose of fentanyl, and also Dextromethorphan 14.0 µg%. At the time based on the coroner's findings I just filed the autopsy report away, as I cover DXM OD deaths, and not fentanyl OD deaths. Unfortunately, the dead teenager's mother is now quoted on a website blaming DXM for the death of her son. This is why I had to revisit this case. The coroner did an extremely thorough autopsy in this case. The mother just didn't properly interpret the autopsy report. 🙁 -- dextromethorphan.wsdextromethorphan.wsOpen ↗ For information about the psychedelic drug DXM, including dangers.
Unfortunately, the dead teenager's mother is now quoted on a website blaming DXM for the death of her son.
Your web site doesn't exactly help. Dextromethorphan a "dangerous psychedelic drug"? Hell, *oxygen* can be a "dangerous psychedelic drug" if taken in extreme overdose. Find another hobby.