Cycling Training · Public discussion

End of season feeling.

Started by BlueJersey · · Last activity · 5 posts · 1,088 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Training
Published
17 August 2006
Last activity
21 August 2006
Original author
BlueJersey
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,088
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I think it is hitting me now. My last race is a 12 miles TT on 9/16. I didn't lose the motivation to ride but not that I am looking forward to it though. I am riding 2 days a week now. One is a race day and the other, more or less, an hour of threshold work. Pretty much on my day off I am more looking forward to do NOTHING than hoping on my bike. For compromise, I keep the intensity harder and the ride shorter so that I can spend the rest of the day just being lazy. 😄

  2. It was an over-generalization, somewhat unique to himself, but Eddy Merckx used to say it was the mind that got tired, not the body.

    You need to determine whether it is your mind and/or your body that is ready to end the season. Try a google on the words <sports psychology motivation>

    It is not uncommon for relatively new riders like yourself to go through a major learning process about workloads during the first few seasons.

    Another thing you may want to consider, if your training is limited during the cold months then you may want to try to extend your training now as much as reasonable before your imposed reduction in training coming later. This will help you next year. It sounds like next year is what you are looking forward to and the preparation for that can begin now.

  3. try some tours. maybe you are just burned outa racing.

  4. Is definately mental because I am getting the bug again to want to go fast and to train harder. Just upgraded to CyclingPeak 2.1 and been playing with the Performance Manager Chart. I think I will peak again for Bear Mountain Fall Classic if I increase my ATL by 150TSS for 4 days. In 2 weeks. This Sat I broke another 60np record during the race. It seems that my training load has been dropped a lot since 8/3. I was preparing to do 2 hilly races but they have been canceled due to lack of volunteers. So, I just raced really, really hard in my local races. I got some really high power reading in np on my overall power ranges.

    WarrenG said:

    It was an over-generalization, somewhat unique to himself, but Eddy Merckx used to say it was the mind that got tired, not the body.

    You need to determine whether it is your mind and/or your body that is ready to end the season. Try a google on the words <sports psychology motivation>

    It is not uncommon for relatively new riders like yourself to go through a major learning process about workloads during the first few seasons.

    Another thing you may want to consider, if your training is limited during the cold months then you may want to try to extend your training now as much as reasonable before your imposed reduction in training coming later. This will help you next year. It sounds like next year is what you are looking forward to and the preparation for that can begin now.

  5. Yeah, at the end of the season I always do the NYC MS Bike Tour. I probably will use the tour as a sub-threshold training. 😄

    Straightguy said:

    try some tours. maybe you are just burned outa racing.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.