Gotcha. I think that's the issue. These are bright blue.
Road Cycling · Public discussion
Embarrasing bike pants question
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Road Cycling
- Published
- 27 March 2005
- Last activity
- 4 April 2005
- Original author
- Email address hidden
- Posts
- 53
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 2,073
- Views / 30 days
- 0
- Topics
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
nickravo said:
Gotcha. I think that's the issue. These are bright blue.
Maybe yellow would print more, maybe.
Ron
-
"Zoot Katz" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 00:35:08 -0500, <[email hidden]>,
Rich Clark said:
Quoted message said:
Now he's an irrelevant fat bald old guy.
So we should be seeing him here soon, no?
<alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent>
ROTFL! Nothing like a good laugh before a ride! Gets the rib cage opened up
for the first ascent.--
Warm Regards,Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist:
http://home.earthlink.net/~cpetersky/Welcome.htm
Personal page: http://www.geocities.com/cpetersky/
See the books I've set free at:
http://bookcrossing.com/referral/Cpetersky -
I saw a guy in light blue bike pants in the mall recently who could have
been arrested for indecency. The keyword definitely is black. Another
garment where black is important is in wrestling singlets. I have
noticed that if school colors are light and might be offensive, most
singlets incorporate black in the design. The black portion usually
runs at an angle through the crotch, offset just enough to cover the
entire bulge. Unfortunately, whoever bought the silver singlets for our
team wasn't aware of this trick. Gross! -
Quoted message said:
Now he's an irrelevant fat bald old guy.
Rich, fat, old, bald guy!
That's Mister Roth to you, buddy.
DLR
Might as well JUMP!
-
Quoted message said:
Fortunately I have the opposite problem. I'm walking around like I have
a zucchini in my pants. I don't see this only other bikers. How do they
hide it?Same way a woman with a double D cup hides hers.
Ben
-
Zoot Katz said:
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 02:38:40 GMT,
<[email hidden]>, Neil BrooksQuoted message said:
More specifically: original front man of Van Halen. Son of a
prominent Beverly Hills ophthalmologist. Known for a raucous (in a
good way) voice and tremendous on-stage feats of athleticism.Now he's an irrelevant fat bald old guy.
Last I heard he was taking paramedic training in Rockland County, NY.
Ben
-
Jake D said:
I saw a guy in light blue bike pants in the mall recently who could have
been arrested for indecency. The keyword definitely is black. Another
garment where black is important is in wrestling singlets. I have
noticed that if school colors are light and might be offensive, most
singlets incorporate black in the design. The black portion usually
runs at an angle through the crotch, offset just enough to cover the
entire bulge. Unfortunately, whoever bought the silver singlets for our
team wasn't aware of this trick. Gross!
And people wonder why I tough it out in jeans. I get hit by my wife for
wearing a too tight top sometimes so....back to my non imitation pro
riding. This all kind of reminds me of going to the beach and finding
the fat old people in the skimpy bikinis or speedos...yuck.
Bill Baka -
Ron said:
DLR was the singer for Van Halen, you know the rock band from the
80s, whenQuoted message said:
spandex was part of the uniform and hard rock acts would strive to
project,Quoted message said:
ahem, a powerful, as it were, image. You know, put forward a, uh,
virile, er,Quoted message said:
presence on stage, Yeah, that's it project a powerful presence on
stage. AndQuoted message said:
yes, socks and codpieces are as much a part of stagewear as are wigs.
AHA! That's how my shriveled little brain cells put him in the category
of "Rock Star." (I used to watch "One Day at a Time."😉Back on wifi, found this link which leads to a photo:
http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/roth_david_lee/flipbooks.jhtml (Is that a
microphone in your pocket?)And this elicidating text: "In the eyes of countless hard rock fans,
David Lee Roth is the prototypical frontman. With a flamboyant,
larger-than-life stage presence and a party hearty/surfer dude persona
(not to mention his acrobatic leaps, long mane of blond hair, and
skintight spandex outfits)..."So OP is griping about bike shorts giving him a blond moment? Or the
biker dude persona?--Karen M.
favorite musical performer: whoever's on stage with me (and we ain't in
spamdex) -
On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 21:15:02 -0500, "David L. Johnson"
<[email hidden]> wrote in message
<[email hidden]>:Quoted message said:
we still don't know who David Lee Roth is.
A member of Van Halen, a popular beat combo.
Note that this reference will mean little to those outside the UK...
Guy
--
May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk85% of helmet statistics are made up, 69% of them at CHS, Puget Sound
-
On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 06:46:14 -0800, "Claire Petersky"
<[email hidden]> wrote in message
<[email hidden]>:Quoted message said:
Nothing like a good laugh before a ride! Gets the rib cage opened up
for the first ascent.Who needs it? I have a bike which allows me to keep the rib cage open
all the time...Guy
--
May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk85% of helmet statistics are made up, 69% of them at CHS, Puget Sound
-
On 27 Mar 2005 12:46:47 -0800, [email hidden] wrote in
message <[email hidden]>:Quoted message said:
Fortunately I have the opposite problem. I'm walking around like I have
a zucchini in my pants. I don't see this only other bikers. How do they
hide it?So now we know who's been buying those pills the [censored] spammers keep
pushing...Guy
--
May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk85% of helmet statistics are made up, 69% of them at CHS, Puget Sound
-
28 Mar 2005 10:20:11 -0800,
<[email hidden]>,Veloise said:
Back on wifi, found this link which leads to a photo:
http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/roth_david_lee/flipbooks.jhtml (Is that a
microphone in your pocket?)And this elicidating text: "In the eyes of countless hard rock fans,
David Lee Roth is the prototypical frontman. With a flamboyant,
larger-than-life stage presence and a party hearty/surfer dude persona
(not to mention his acrobatic leaps, long mane of blond hair, and
skintight spandex outfits)..."Strictly for its educational value, I googled, "biggest [censored] in rock".
It seems to be unanimous among those who would supposedly know such
things that Iggy Pop currently bears the stigma.
--
zk -
Quoted message said:
Do I need a jock or cup under bicycle shorts. If I go naked I get the
David Lee Roth effect -- big time, pardon the pun. Even with a jock ...
Are the pants just too small then?1. Get a longer jersey if you're overly modest.
2. Black pants show it less than, say, orange ones do.
3. It's not just you or your pants. Spandex will do
that; in fact, larger spandex pants will crease behind
the appendage, exposing it more.4. If you wear a cup, you'll be ripping it out within
a mile.5. Embrace your innate talents.
--Blair
"6. Be glad you can." -
In Japan the ladies wear underwear under their swim suits!
Double yuck!
-
you know? said:
On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 06:46:14 -0800, "Claire Petersky"
<[email hidden]> wrote in message
<[email hidden]>:Quoted message said:
Nothing like a good laugh before a ride! Gets the rib cage opened up for
the first ascent.Who needs it? I have a bike which allows me to keep the rib cage open all
the time...Guy
I'm getting a wierd vision of a chest spreader and a mobile bypass
operation.Bicycles and open heart surgery, beats a Chinese circus any day.
-
miscellaneousmedia said:
Do I need a jock or cup under bicycle shorts. If I go naked I get the
David Lee Roth effect -- big time, pardon the pun. Even with a jock ...
Are the pants just too small then?What about just getting a pair of slightly baggy mtb shorts and be done
with it? -
nickravo said:
Gotcha. I think that's the issue. These are bright blue.
Speaking of bright blue...the League of Michigan Bicyclists annual
poster calendar includes a photo of someone who needs to read the "wear
black" post.www.lmb.org, send 'em a buck or two for postage.
--Karen M.
-
jgfjgh said:
In Japan the ladies wear underwear under their swim suits!
Double yuck!
It is partly a modesty thing but in some weird way practical.I was watching the Olympics many years back and caught the live feed of
a female high diver on the underwater camera. She lost her bottom half
of the bikini suit she had on and her pubic patch went right in front of
the underwater camera, live and international. She was definitely not a
blond. Someone else must remember this besides me as it has since caused
some stir as to how the swimming/diving is broadcast. That image is
burned onto my memory but I can't remember what year or what I was doing
or even where. Better than checking out guys in too tight shorts which I
do not do.Bill Baka
-
jgfjgh said:
In Japan the ladies wear underwear under their swim suits!
As does the male cover model for the May issue of Bicycling.
--Karen M.
VPL!
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.