Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Dura Ace 7800 vs. 7801 chain

Started by melville · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,713 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
5 April 2005
Last activity
5 April 2005
Original author
melville
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,713
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. My brain hurts. I have a Dura Ace 10sp 7800 (CN-7800) chain and I am looking for replacement pins (switched cassettes, old chain barely used). The only ones I can find (online) are 7801 pins which say they are for 7801 chains and warn against using them with 7800 chains. Except Shimano doesn't even list the existence of a 7801 chain.

    Is this possible? Could there be two Dura Ace 10sp chains, and if so, could they be so radically different that chain pins for the one could wreak havoc with the other? Or is it just a typo?
    😕

  2. Okay, I'm answering my own question, how pathetic is that. The answer is there ARE two chains and it IS a big deal which pin you use. See below:
    http://bike.shimano.com/publish/content/cycle/sac/us/en/support/faq_s/road_faq_s.html#FAQ_0004

  3. melville said:

    Okay, I'm answering my own question, how pathetic is that. The answer is there ARE two chains and it IS a big deal which pin you use. See below:
    http://bike.shimano.com/publish/content/cycle/sac/us/en/support/faq_s/road_faq_s.html#FAQ_0004

    Well,they are compatible and it's not a big deal if you mix them.The new ones are just more idiot proof. But there are always bigger idiots. Just use a connex 10 link and be done with Shimano silliness.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.