Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Dura Ace 7800 Brak Caliper question?

Started by PeterF · · Last activity · 5 posts · 869 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
19 December 2005
Last activity
20 December 2005
Original author
PeterF
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
869
Views / 30 days
8

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I recently picked up a set of Dura Ace 7800 brake calipers for a friend that is building a bike. The front and rear calipers appear to be identical including center bolt assembly. Did I get two rear brakes (I purchased the set through e-bay)? I understand they sell them as a front and a rear, but according to the blow up view in the Shimano website, it appears the only difference is the center bolt assembly. I will send them back, if this is going to be problematic, however if the calipers really are identical, then I'll just pick up a longer nut to make the front brake fit. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

    Pete

  2. The front pivot bolt is longer than the rear.
    Front is 52.5mm, rear is 37.8mm.
    Pivot nuts are available in different lengths.

  3. Sprint2Win said:

    The front pivot bolt is longer than the rear.
    Front is 52.5mm, rear is 37.8mm.
    Pivot nuts are available in different lengths.


    Any other differences in the design of the brakes? Some dealers claim that the front has more stopping power. The Shimano website made no mention of that though.

  4. The front brakes of anything has more stopping power.
    Yer car for example.

  5. Sprint2Win said:

    The front brakes of anything has more stopping power.
    Yer car for example.

    not my old volks .
    bloody death-trap .

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.