I am in the process of having the wheel built up right now with a Pantour hub for the rear of our Ryan Duplex tandem. When we do that, however, we will loose the drag brake presently on the rear wheel. So that means that the next best option is to put a Pantour hub on the front that would have a disc brake on it.
Does anyone out there have dual Pantours on their bent, and any thoughts on this (good or bad)? Thanks in advance.
We've been using the front for years now and it works fine. One thing to note though is that the hub has a floating end cap so dirt and mositure tend to crud bet the end cap and bearing. SO thing to do is keep the hub clean. I usually wash it, spray with wd40, wipe and dry under the sun and then rewipe again. JUst a bit more maintenance for the comfort.
Just like buying a car with alloy wheels- have to celan it more.
J Gaerlan - Gaerlan Custom Cycles http://www.gaerlan.com "home of travel bikes and bike travels" (415)362-3866: (415)677-8943 fax [email hidden]
I have equipped my last 3 Vision SWB's with Pantours on front and find them remarkably good. My current Vision SWB is my first experience with the rear Pantour and , while I've not had any problems, IMHO the benefits are not worth the added expense and added weight. My rear has the 1/2 in of travel. I assume the 1 in travel would increase the benefit while adding to any potential problems.
[email hidden] (Jfreewheel) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:
We've been using the front for years now and it works fine. One thing to note though is that the hub has a floating end cap so dirt and mositure tend to crud bet the end cap and bearing. SO thing to do is keep the hub clean. I usually wash it, spray with wd40, wipe and dry under the sun and then rewipe again. JUst a bit more maintenance for the comfort.
Just like buying a car with alloy wheels- have to celan it more.
J Gaerlan - Gaerlan Custom Cycles http://www.gaerlan.com "home of travel bikes and bike travels" (415)362-3866: (415)677-8943 fax [email hidden]