General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Dried Okra - feast or famine

Started by Dee Randall · · Last activity · 2 posts · 338 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
18 March 2006
Last activity
18 March 2006
Original author
Dee Randall
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
338
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I bought some dried okra at a cost of $4.49 for a bag 3.5 oz.
    http://tinyurl.com/fha95

    and looking around for how I can use it I found that it is a famine food:

    http://tinyurl.com/fvtnm

    Certainly an interesting site, but can't read Turkish.
    http://www.evcini.com/2005/10/kuru_bamya_yeme.html

    Most recipes call for a little more than this small amount I bought -- guess
    I'll add it to some sort of soup to see how good it is.

    Something cute about these little okras; they are on teensy strings (like
    hot chilis in the southwest).
    Dee Dee

  2. Dee Randall said:

    I bought some dried okra at a cost of $4.49 for a bag 3.5 oz.
    http://tinyurl.com/fha95

    and looking around for how I can use it I found that it is a famine food:

    http://tinyurl.com/fvtnm

    Certainly an interesting site, but can't read Turkish.
    http://www.evcini.com/2005/10/kuru_bamya_yeme.html

    Most recipes call for a little more than this small amount I bought -- guess
    I'll add it to some sort of soup to see how good it is.

    Something cute about these little okras; they are on teensy strings (like
    hot chilis in the southwest).
    Dee Dee


    Clearly, you have already found some recipes, but here's another one. I
    took the dish name form the Turkish site and googled it (adding the word
    recipe).
    Your amount of okra equals roughly 90 grams, this recipe calls for 125.
    Not too big an adjustment to make, then.

    http://tinyurl.com/mu6jb

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.