Road Cycling · Public discussion

Donating Blood and resting period?

Started by SilentGTboy · · Last activity · 4 posts · 1,970 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
31 August 2004
Last activity
15 September 2004
Original author
SilentGTboy
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,970
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. How long after giving blood should I wait before giving biking?

  2. SilentGTboy said:

    How long after giving blood should I wait before giving biking?

    As soon as you have replaced the fluid - drink lots and an hour or two will do it.

  3. Last time I gave blood (a few weeks ago) I went out for a couple of beers with one of my co-workers (who also gave blood) afterward (I guess that counts as my fluid replacement) and I was riding home on my daily commute about 2.5 hours later with the bandage still on my arm. 😄

    Okay, that's probably not the recommended procedure, but I was fine. I guess all I'm saying is that it's really not all that big of a deal. At least for me anyway.

  4. SilentGTboy said:

    How long after giving blood should I wait before going biking?

    In most cases, after giving blood you should avoid doing strenuous activity for 6-8 hours. The best case scenario would be to donate in the late afternoon or evening and then give yourself the night off. You'll be good to go the next morning.

    Regards,

    Savant

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.