I don't know if it really qualifies, but I did make Monster Chicken
last night (formely Swiss Chicken, out of an old Southern Living
cookbook). I'm not a big fan of condensed cream of anything soup, but
this is easy and edible. In fact, I made it so often last year that
I'm sick of it.
Monster Chicken (prep time something like 6 minutes, I think)
Stick 6 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless) in a casserole dish
sprayed w/Pam.
Sprinkle 'em with garlic powder and pepper, then lay 6 slices of
whatever cheese you have handy (we seem to have Muenster around, hence
the name, but the original recipe specified Swiss -- I wouldn't
recommend cheddar or american) over top. Pop open a can of cream of
chicken soup, mix with a little milk, and pour over the whole shebang.
Sprinkle some stuffing mix over the top, cover it, and bake it at 350
for 50 minutes.
It's good with egg noodles, but I threw all of my noodles out this week
b/c we've been invaded by flour moths, so we just dipped bread in the
sauce.
Ah, haute cuisine...
Karen MacInerney
Kitchen experimenter, family chauffeur and culinary mystery author