Do you play cycling games (console, pc, etc)?

Veater

May 28, 2016
I just remembered last night that we used to have a game for our console when I was younger, on the Sega, which was cycle racing. I don't know whether they still make them, or what the game was called that I played, but I remember it used to be pretty fun. I like racing games anyway; they're fun to play with family and friends. I know that there are car racing games and skateboarding games, but are they still making cycling games? Does anyone know of any?

Haha. The only videogames where I actually rode a bicycle were in Pokémon and Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. I'm not very fond of racing games unless there is heavy phantasy elements there such as F zero X or Mario Kart.

I have played one game before but didn't really like it. One of the main reasons I cycle is to get out of the house. Siting in front of a computer or a console defeats the point for me, but I can see how some people might find them fun.

I cycle in GTA if that's what you mean. You can enjoy the scenery there as well, but there's a higher chance of getting shot at or getting run over by cars or even trains :D It's all fun and good, but it's basically press spamming one button to pedal, which gets sick after a while. It's still better to have your entire body do the exercise, instead of just your one finger that's pressing the button. It's fun, but I still prefer driving around a car in games, as you are safer from injury (in the game) compared to riding a bike around.

I have never played a cycling game actually, although I have tried out several car racing games. I think it would be interesting to try a biking game out, even though I'm really not that much of a game player. I really prefer to actually do stuff in real life, I guess. I may download a cycling game to my phone, if I can find a good one, and see what it's like, though I probably won't play it often.

Nah, I don't. I prefer motorbike games instead. Maybe it's just because I don't have a motorbike and I was never familiar with it. When it comes to cycling, it's the relaxation time to me. I can't really relax while playing a PC or a console game.

Haha. The only videogames where I actually rode a bicycle were in Pokémon and Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. I'm not very fond of racing games unless there is heavy phantasy elements there such as F zero X or Mario Kart.
I remember cycling in GTA San Andreas. Man I hated that part of the game, haha! Just felt so tedious to constantly push a button to go a certain speed, although it definitely captured the spirit of cycling.

I don't play videogames anymore as is. If I did, I'm not sure that a cycling game captures what cycling is for me. It's like...I would rather be a wizard shooting an ice dragon alien pirate cannon ship out of a wand than ride a bike, you know?

I used to be quite a bit gamer many years ago, although not so much any more. However, I can hardly ever remember playing any cycling games or even that many being available so I'm actually quite intrigued by this question. The only cycling game I can really think of (and I'm showing my age now) is that old classic, Paperboy. I did used to like motorcycle games like Road Rage though which, of course, was a classic on the Sega Megadrive.

I remembered this thread and was looking around the net to see how far cycling games have come since I last saw them. I was very pleasantly surprised. The last one that I played was about a guy riding a bike in traffic and we had to avoid the cars. These sort of games have come a long way, I might even give some a try.

I've never played cycling games. But I am sure if you go to you local game stop or some other video gaming store they will probably have some options for you. They make video games about practically everything.

Yes, I play the cycling games in my free time. You can search up on the Internet and I bet you will find a lot of information about the newly released cycling games. When I play the game, I feel like I am riding a real bike on the road. It is a good way to refresh yourself.

I am not a gamer but I play some games on weekends. I love playing the mission and shooting games. I also like to play the racing games but my favorite genre is shooting. There are many amazing racing games like Need For Speed Most Wanted, Burnout, Asphalt, etc. I have played almost all of these games.

I didn't know they ever made cycling games and I am a long time gamer. The closest I have gotten to playing a cycling game is probably the bike game on Wii Sports Resort, but that really doesn't count. There were the old BMX games on play station, but those were more about tricks than racing.

I didn't know they ever made cycling games and I am a long time gamer. The closest I have gotten to playing a cycling game is probably the bike game on Wii Sports Resort, but that really doesn't count. There were the old BMX games on play station, but those were more about tricks than racing.
That is exactly what I am talking about. There are many bike games. Most of them feature single race and some the games even feature the elimination race. Tournament games are also available. I love playing the elimination races because they are interesting and challenging and you can be easily eliminated.

I don't even like playing most computer games, the only games I've played on a computer that I liked was Chess, and Harpoon, but I can't play Harpoon any more on windows 10 without buying a new program which I had done twice before and I'm not doing it a third time. The chess computer I have is old but it still can beat me, it's a Fidelity Elegance Chess Challenger, I guess it's not in the same category as a computer game you all are thinking of but it is a computerized game.