General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Do I need a toaster oven that is convection?

Started by kodi · · Last activity · 3 posts · 189 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
12 November 2005
Last activity
13 November 2005
Original author
kodi
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
189
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am lookingat buying a new toaster oven and I'm seeing a lot of them
    with convection. What is convection mostly used for? I understand it's
    good for baking, but I really don't do any making.
    I'm mostly interested in cooking in my toaster oven, rather than put on
    my big oven. I would like to do things like a chicken breast and baked
    potato. Would it really save time? or is it not practical to spend the
    extra mony for convection for this type of cooking?

    I've seen a DeLonghi that I really like, but perhaps I'm wasting my
    money to spend so much for what I want to do.

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    Kodi.

  2. "kodi" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I am lookingat buying a new toaster oven and I'm seeing a lot of them
    with convection. What is convection mostly used for? I understand it's
    good for baking, but I really don't do any making.

    Convection evens out the temperature inside the oven. It cooks things more
    evenly than a non-convection oven. Though it won't make much difference in
    the small space that toaster ovens have, in my opinion. Still, I would
    prefer to have convection than not have it. If you get the DeLonghi, I hope
    you enjoy it as much as I enjoy my DeLonghi.

    Charlie

  3. Thank you Charlie,
    I went out this afternoon and bought the DeLonghi. I think I'll be
    very pleased with it.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.