General fitness, health and nutrition Β· Public discussion

Disaster, oven broke on Saturday!

Started by Sarah Β· Β· Last activity Β· 5 posts Β· 266 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
19 September 2005
Last activity
20 September 2005
Original author
Sarah
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
266
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. My Neff circatherm oven died on saturday! Just before I cooked dinner πŸ™
    The fan works, the grill works, but the element seems to be dead!
    We've had no oven all weekend, and I can't believe how much I've missed it.
    I've had the urge to bake all kinds of things that I wouldn't normally do,
    just because I can't!
    I'm hoping to hear from Neff today, their service department was brilliant
    when my old cooker died, and even sent me(free) new knobs for the hob when I
    accidentally melted the first set! So I hope they're still as helpfull.
    Sarah

  2. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Sarah said:

    My Neff circatherm oven died on saturday! Just before I cooked dinner πŸ™
    The fan works, the grill works, but the element seems to be dead!
    We've had no oven all weekend, and I can't believe how much I've missed it.
    I've had the urge to bake all kinds of things that I wouldn't normally do,
    just because I can't!
    I'm hoping to hear from Neff today, their service department was brilliant
    when my old cooker died, and even sent me(free) new knobs for the hob when I
    accidentally melted the first set! So I hope they're still as helpfull.
    Sarah

    Condolences...

    In the meantime, pancakes and waffles? :-)
    --
    Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

  3. "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Sarah said:

    My Neff circatherm oven died on saturday! Just before I cooked dinner πŸ™
    The fan works, the grill works, but the element seems to be dead!
    We've had no oven all weekend, and I can't believe how much I've missed
    it.
    I've had the urge to bake all kinds of things that I wouldn't normally
    do,
    just because I can't!
    I'm hoping to hear from Neff today, their service department was
    brilliant
    when my old cooker died, and even sent me(free) new knobs for the hob
    when I
    accidentally melted the first set! So I hope they're still as helpfull.
    Sarah

    Condolences...

    In the meantime, pancakes and waffles? :-)
    --
    Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack
    Nicholson

    Chilli and rice! and I've got loads of ripe bananas, perfect for miracle
    whip banana bread, but no oven to cook it inπŸ™
    Neff rang at 8.30 this am. They think its the element, and can send an
    engineer on Saturday morning between 8 and 12. The bad news (apart from the
    wait) is its Β£59.99 for the first half hour plus parts!
    I've ordered a new element from a uk company for Β£25 and am going to fit it
    myself! (If that doesn't work the engineer is still booked for Saturday I'll
    cancel if successful!)
    Sarah

  4. Sarah said:

    My Neff circatherm oven died on saturday! Just before I cooked dinner πŸ™

    On a scale of disasters from 1 to 10, I'd give this one about a .0041.
    Come back when you have one that warrants, at least, evacuating a
    kitchen.

    -bwg

  5. Quoted message said:
    Sarah said:

    My Neff circatherm oven died on saturday! Just before I cooked dinner πŸ™

    On a scale of disasters from 1 to 10, I'd give this one about a .0041.
    Come back when you have one that warrants, at least, evacuating a
    kitchen.

    Heh. My oven hasn't worked for about six months now, I haven't really
    missed it a bit (I finally got around to telling my landlord, I'm getting a
    new one). Between the stovetop, microwave, portable rotisserie and crockpot
    I haven't needed it at all...

    --
    Best
    Greg

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users Β· 0 guests Β·0 bots Β·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.