Did You Ever Take Part In A Triathlon?

My buddy and I are doing our first Sprint in April at age 52. We have a few more scheduled. I like to ride road and used to swim when I was younger so I am good. The running is going to kill me but we have been working on it weekly. Swimming we are up to 1200m and running 3miles. The cycling part will be say at 11 miles. Really excited to get this in my bucket list. Next is track riding this summer :)

My buddy and I are doing our first Sprint in April at age 52. We have a few more scheduled. I like to ride road and used to swim when I was younger so I am good. The running is going to kill me but we have been working on it weekly. Swimming we are up to 1200m and running 3miles. The cycling part will be say at 11 miles. Really excited to get this in my bucket list. Next is track riding this summer :)

You guys are awesome! Still active at the age of 52. How I wish I'm active as you guys when I get into that age. Good luck on your first stint in triathlon this April and amazed the young bloods. ;)

I haven't tried taking part on it yet, but I am really interested. But I think my body isn't ready for a heavy long run.

Honestly I wanted to join in triathlon, but sad to say, I don't know how to swim. That's my weakness. I think it's really fun to join in triathlon, and meet a lot of people. But all I can do right now is just to enjoy watching them.

I planned to join one when I was younger, but for some reason I always backed out, maybe because I wasn't that good of a swimmer. Now I'm kinda out of shape and only started biking again recently, so I might work hard and try to finally join a triathlon this year or the next.
This really reminds me of my cousin. She does Ironman competitions, so she had to train for about 3 years to get fully prepared and compete her first time. She did it really well, but her weakest part was swimming, and guess what? the hard part is that you have to swim in open waters, and she was scared to the bone about sharks. Also, she competed in Miami, and we all know sharks have a sweet spot for Miami beaches. So, she has to work on her fear before competing again.

I've done a few over the years. Only springs and Olympics, never half- or full-iron-distance.

I've got a love-hate relationship with triathlon. I'm getting older and have responsibilities with work and raising a family. I just don't seem to have the time it takes to train like I used to.
Not yet but hopefully one soon in the future.

Not yet bu t hopefully one soon in the future.
I've got a love-hate relationship with triathlon. I'm getting older and have responsibilities with work and raising a family. I just don't seem to have the time it takes to train like I used to.