Cycling Training · Public discussion

Cycling To Scotland Vs Weight Training

Started by Baston · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,315 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Training
Published
31 December 2006
Last activity
31 December 2006
Original author
Baston
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,315
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Well, to keep things simple, I recently reignited my love for cycling and set myself a challange to cycle to scotland sometime at the end of the cycling season next year. The trip would take a few days covering over 350miles.

    However, my personal fitness aims are to improve my overall build as to put it one way I am built for cycling (rather skinny [img]forum.bodybuilding.combiggrin.gif[/img])

    I was wondering what advise you could give me into combining the training for the ride whilst undergoing weighttraining to put on that extra mass i want and to tell me if its possible to combine a good cardio routine with a body building routine without sacrificing muscle or hitting a wall where i can no longer put muscle on.

    I am well aware that extra muscle means extra weight but im not trying to beat a record and time and speed arnt an issue.

    Any help would be great thanks.

  2. Baston said:

    Well, to keep things simple, I recently reignited my love for cycling and set myself a challange to cycle to scotland sometime at the end of the cycling season next year. The trip would take a few days covering over 350miles.

    However, my personal fitness aims are to improve my overall build as to put it one way I am built for cycling (rather skinny [img]forum.bodybuilding.combiggrin.gif[/img])

    I was wondering what advise you could give me into combining the training for the ride whilst undergoing weighttraining to put on that extra mass i want and to tell me if its possible to combine a good cardio routine with a body building routine without sacrificing muscle or hitting a wall where i can no longer put muscle on.

    I am well aware that extra muscle means extra weight but im not trying to beat a record and time and speed arnt an issue.

    Any help would be great thanks.

    Not sure from your post whether you want to be an Arnie or Lance.🙂
    If you want to look beautiful then continue with the weights. However, if you want to cycle to Scotland in record time - forget the weights. (not completely) Since the cycling bug gripped me in earnest around the end of Jan this year, I've lost inches off my pecs and biceps, in fact I've almost completely lost interest in weight training and have to now force myself to do any at all. If you want a good cardio routine, read the other threads in these forums. There's enough info here to keep you occupied for months, and get you to Scotland on the high or low road in good time. TYSON😉

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.