Cycling Germany

Aggressor

Jul 2, 2003
Hi everyone
I'm from Australia and I'm planning to cycle through Germany, France and Britain next year. I'm just looking for some information on where I can get guides (handbooks etc), maps and information on accommodation and routes. I've looked at the Lonely Planet website and they are (sadly) yet to release a cycling guide to Germany.
I'll be carrying all of my own gear in panniers, and staying in hostels and cheap accommodation (none of this tent business).

Anyone who has had experience in cycling around Germany, or even neighbouring countries, could you either reply here or contact me via email :) Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Originally posted by Aggressor
Hi everyone
I'm from Australia and I'm planning to cycle through Germany, France and Britain next year. I'm just looking for some information on where I can get guides (handbooks etc), maps and information on accommodation and routes. I've looked at the Lonely Planet website and they are (sadly) yet to release a cycling guide to Germany.
I'll be carrying all of my own gear in panniers, and staying in hostels and cheap accommodation (none of this tent business).

Anyone who has had experience in cycling around Germany, or even neighbouring countries, could you either reply here or contact me via email :) Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Haven't been to Germany, but I've got some notes on doing the tent business in France at http://www.nickcoyne.com/eur02/

For researching budget accomodation and routes I've found the "Let's Go" guidebooks very good. We used the France one last year and are using the Italy one for our trip next year.

Cheers

Hi,

I'm coming from germany living in Sydney. I would say it's very easy to cycle germany and france. I did both because in germany I'm living next to france. Both countries have very good bike tracks in most parts. The countrysides are good for ride a bike, don't go to the bigger cities.

There are a great range of guides available ... may browse amazon, I would bet you will find quite a lot.

Sorry never was in England with my bike.

so enjoy your trip ... I'll be in germany again in september :O)

If you want to send me an emai what parts you would like to seel and I can ask some guys back home if they have more ideas