Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Cut my seat post to shorten it?

Started by sdh123 · · Last activity · 3 posts · 2,056 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
28 February 2011
Last activity
28 February 2011
Original author
sdh123
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,056
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello everyone,

    I am new to this forum and to cycling.

    I am an avid runner and have been wanting to get into triathlons for a while but was just waiting for a good deal on a bike.

    I just bought a Giant Trinity A1 and the sizing is perfect in every aspect but one. I need the seat post to come down about 1/2 in. further than it will go due to the back tire inset into the frame. I was wondering if it would be a good idea/possible to cut about 1/2" to 1" off the seat post to allow for a lower setting? The seat post is carbon fiber.

    Thank you very much for your answers/advice.

    -Shane

  2. thats not a problem, just make sure you know how to cut carbon fiber. a hacksaw with a grit blade works well or take it to your lbs and ask them to do it. should be a freebie, it's pretty easy.

  3. Thank you very much! I'll go to my lbs tomorrow.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.