Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Cracked Skareb forks

Started by chalkstorm · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,795 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
29 August 2004
Last activity
16 June 2005
Original author
chalkstorm
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,795
Views / 30 days
3

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi all
    After only two weeks on my new Marin Rift Zone, while cleaning today I noticed some cracks on the paint on the Skareb forks. I plan to take it back to the dealers. Any of you guys got any thoughts? I am 190lbs - and favour general xc riding - are these forks suitable (I thought they were.....!).
    I have posted some photos here (they are 800kb I'm afraid - if you click on the thumbnails). - http://www.thehawthornes.org/cycling/cracked_skareb.htm
    Thanks in advance, Simon

  2. I have a stumpjumper w/ a skareb fork, it broke during a race. The horseshoe that connects the lowers broke completely off at the seem. My bike shop sent the fork back to Manitou for a manufacturers waranty. Manitou replaced the lowers with a different model and I have been happy w/ the fork since.

    chalkstorm said:

    Hi all
    After only two weeks on my new Marin Rift Zone, while cleaning today I noticed some cracks on the paint on the Skareb forks. I plan to take it back to the dealers. Any of you guys got any thoughts? I am 190lbs - and favour general xc riding - are these forks suitable (I thought they were.....!).
    I have posted some photos here (they are 800kb I'm afraid - if you click on the thumbnails). - thehawthornes.orgcracked skareb.htm
    Thanks in advance, Simon

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.