General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Cow Milk Dissed at Indy 500

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 4 posts · 499 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
6 June 2005
Last activity
7 June 2005
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
499
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. From: "Robert Cohen" <notmilk@...>
    Date: Mon Jun 6, 2005 11:56 am
    Subject: Indy 500 Winner Disses Milk notmilk2002
    Offline
    Send Email

    Indy 500 Winner Disses Milk

    At last Sunday's Indianapolis 500 mile car race, David
    Letterman (TV talk show host and sponsor of Danica
    Patrick's car) said this about the tradition of the
    winner drinking milk:

    "I got a glug of that last year (in victory lane). I
    got there a little late and there was about a third of
    it left. They were just passing it around and I thought,
    'Well, you're stupid if you don't do this just once,'
    so I gave it a shot. I won't say I have an aversion to
    dairy products, but at the end of a long, hot day I'm
    not sure room-temperature milk is what I'm looking for."
    (Letterman laughs)

    Dave Letterman is smart enough not to be too critical of
    bacteria-filled warm milk. After all, his T.V. network has
    received billions of dollars over the years from pizza and
    other dairy ads. Letterman is a pro and carefully chooses
    his words. The race winner, Dan Wheldon, took a sip of milk,
    and admitted that milk is not his cup of tea. After taking
    a sip, he poured most of the contents over his own head after
    winning the race and becomming an instant millionaire. Wheldon's
    words:

    "I’m not a big milk drinker. But, for once, it tasted great."

    OK. We can live with that. Faced with the challenge of drinking
    something he did not really care to consume while millions
    watched, he took one small sip, then ceremoniously poured the rest
    of the milk over his own head like a baseball player celebrating
    a world series victory with a bottle of champagne. We applaud
    Wheldon's creative method of avoiding the remaining milk! Here's
    a photo of Mr. Wheldon pouring out most of the bottle of milk:

    <http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,3-2005250025,00.html>

    In honor of last Sunday's momentous moment, in which the winner
    traditionally drinks from a carton of cow's milk and then
    suffers gastric reflux a few hours later, I am offering a
    $100 SoyToy (plus shipping) to the first five callers.
    That's a $59 savings!

    I know...it's not fair that I do this before 10 AM
    on a weekday, but, hey, that's when this urge struck
    me. Five of you are about to luck out.

    The SoyToy usually retails for $159. The first
    five people to answer this email can purchase
    a SoyToy for a below wholesale price! (Plus shipping
    costs of $10 to the Continental United States).

    Cry, beg, threaten. It will do you no good. Only
    five soymilk machines are available at this special
    price. Callers 6-100 will hear these words: "Sorry,
    no exceptions."

    Add one-half cup of dried soybeans to two quarts of
    water, and you'll end up with two quarts of delicious
    soymilk in under 30 minutes. This appliance will pay
    for itself before the summer's end.

    OK---Operators are standing by. Call toll-free:

    888-NOT-MILK (888-668-6455)

    Robert Cohen
    http://www.SoyToy.com

  2. Quoted message said:

    From: "Robert Cohen" <notmilk@...>
    Date: Mon Jun 6, 2005 11:56 am
    Subject: Indy 500 Winner Disses Milk notmilk2002
    Offline
    Send Email

    Indy 500 Winner Disses Milk

    At last Sunday's Indianapolis 500 mile car race, David
    Letterman (TV talk show host and sponsor of Danica
    Patrick's car) said this about the tradition of the
    winner drinking milk:

    "I got a glug of that last year (in victory lane). I
    got there a little late and there was about a third of
    it left. They were just passing it around and I thought,
    'Well, you're stupid if you don't do this just once,'
    so I gave it a shot. I won't say I have an aversion to
    dairy products, but at the end of a long, hot day I'm
    not sure room-temperature milk is what I'm looking for."
    (Letterman laughs)

    Dave Letterman is smart enough not to be too critical of
    bacteria-filled warm milk. After all, his T.V. network has
    received billions of dollars over the years from pizza and
    other dairy ads. Letterman is a pro and carefully chooses
    his words. The race winner, Dan Wheldon, took a sip of milk,
    and admitted that milk is not his cup of tea. After taking
    a sip, he poured most of the contents over his own head after
    winning the race and becomming an instant millionaire. Wheldon's
    words:

    "I'm not a big milk drinker. But, for once, it tasted great."

    OK. We can live with that. Faced with the challenge of drinking
    something he did not really care to consume while millions
    watched, he took one small sip, then ceremoniously poured the rest
    of the milk over his own head like a baseball player celebrating
    a world series victory with a bottle of champagne. We applaud
    Wheldon's creative method of avoiding the remaining milk! Here's
    a photo of Mr. Wheldon pouring out most of the bottle of milk:

    <http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,3-2005250025,00.html>

    In honor of last Sunday's momentous moment, in which the winner
    traditionally drinks from a carton of cow's milk and then
    suffers gastric reflux a few hours later, I am offering a
    $100 SoyToy (plus shipping) to the first five callers.
    That's a $59 savings!

    I know...it's not fair that I do this before 10 AM
    on a weekday, but, hey, that's when this urge struck
    me. Five of you are about to luck out.

    The SoyToy usually retails for $159. The first
    five people to answer this email can purchase
    a SoyToy for a below wholesale price! (Plus shipping
    costs of $10 to the Continental United States).

    Cry, beg, threaten. It will do you no good. Only
    five soymilk machines are available at this special
    price. Callers 6-100 will hear these words: "Sorry,
    no exceptions."

    Add one-half cup of dried soybeans to two quarts of
    water, and you'll end up with two quarts of delicious
    soymilk in under 30 minutes. This appliance will pay
    for itself before the summer's end.

    OK---Operators are standing by. Call toll-free:

    888-NOT-MILK (888-668-6455)

    Robert Cohen
    http://www.SoyToy.com

    You guys miss the point of Lettermans comments. Hint: he was joking.
    Hint: He would've preferred cold champagne as is the tradition.

    You guys ought to go out and buy yourselves a sense of humour.

    If this is the best argument you can make against milk then you are
    wasting valuable bandwidth.

    TC

  3. "TC" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    (...)

    Quoted message said:

    You guys miss the point of Lettermans comments. Hint: he was joking.
    Hint: He would've preferred cold champagne as is the tradition.

    You guys ought to go out and buy yourselves a sense of humour.

    If this is the best argument you can make against milk then you are
    wasting valuable bandwidth.

    Au Contraire: He is getting valuable bandwidth for free for his
    advertising.

    Jeff

    Quoted message said:

    TC

  4. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    From: "Robert Cohen" <notmilk@...>
    Date: Mon Jun 6, 2005 11:56 am
    Subject: Indy 500 Winner Disses Milk notmilk2002
    Offline
    Send Email

    Indy 500 Winner Disses Milk

    At last Sunday's Indianapolis 500 mile car race, David
    Letterman (TV talk show host and sponsor of Danica
    Patrick's car) said this about the tradition of the
    winner drinking milk:

    "I got a glug of that last year (in victory lane). I
    got there a little late and there was about a third of
    it left. They were just passing it around and I thought,
    'Well, you're stupid if you don't do this just once,'
    so I gave it a shot. I won't say I have an aversion to
    dairy products, but at the end of a long, hot day I'm
    not sure room-temperature milk is what I'm looking for."
    (Letterman laughs)

    THAT's it? you type all this babble for a sentence that can be read: "I'd
    rather have cold champangne than warm milk?" some incredible dissing there..
    NOT.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Dave Letterman is smart enough not to be too critical of
    bacteria-filled warm milk. After all, his T.V. network has
    received billions of dollars over the years from pizza and
    other dairy ads. Letterman is a pro and carefully chooses
    his words. The race winner, Dan Wheldon, took a sip of milk,
    and admitted that milk is not his cup of tea. After taking
    a sip, he poured most of the contents over his own head after
    winning the race and becomming an instant millionaire. Wheldon's
    words:

    "I'm not a big milk drinker. But, for once, it tasted great."

    OK. We can live with that. Faced with the challenge of drinking
    something he did not really care to consume while millions
    watched, he took one small sip, then ceremoniously poured the rest
    of the milk over his own head like a baseball player celebrating
    a world series victory with a bottle of champagne. We applaud
    Wheldon's creative method of avoiding the remaining milk! Here's
    a photo of Mr. Wheldon pouring out most of the bottle of milk:

    <http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,3-2005250025,00.html>

    In honor of last Sunday's momentous moment, in which the winner
    traditionally drinks from a carton of cow's milk and then
    suffers gastric reflux a few hours later, I am offering a
    $100 SoyToy (plus shipping) to the first five callers.
    That's a $59 savings!

    I know...it's not fair that I do this before 10 AM
    on a weekday, but, hey, that's when this urge struck
    me. Five of you are about to luck out.

    The SoyToy usually retails for $159. The first
    five people to answer this email can purchase
    a SoyToy for a below wholesale price! (Plus shipping
    costs of $10 to the Continental United States).

    Cry, beg, threaten. It will do you no good. Only
    five soymilk machines are available at this special
    price. Callers 6-100 will hear these words: "Sorry,
    no exceptions."

    Add one-half cup of dried soybeans to two quarts of
    water, and you'll end up with two quarts of delicious
    soymilk in under 30 minutes. This appliance will pay
    for itself before the summer's end.

    OK---Operators are standing by. Call toll-free:

    888-NOT-MILK (888-668-6455)

    Robert Cohen
    http://www.SoyToy.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.